SiouxSports.com Forum

Olympic Hockey

Fetch

11 hours ago, UND1983 said:

The more I think about it the more self-promoting and basically selfish that penalty shot attempt was by Lamoreaux. Is going between your legs and then flipping backhand really the best option in a game like that?  There are probably 8-10 moves that are higher percentage options.  

She did that to try and make Sportscenter and go Twitter viral.  Instead they lost 2-1.

I think that's a little harsh. She's one of the best in the world and I've seen her pull of similar moves before. Canada's goalie was too smart to fall for it but it's not like there's any guarantee a simpler move would have been any better. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rebel_Sioux said:

I think that's a little harsh. She's one of the best in the world and I've seen her pull of similar moves before. Canada's goalie was too smart to fall for it but it's not like there's any guarantee a simpler move would have been any better. 

Karma. She was being selfish so she can get more publicity to try to throw UND under the bus even more.

• Downvote 1