SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-2017 College Hockey (Non UND Hockey)

cberkas

2 minutes ago, DaveK said:

Latest update on the non-conference record of Big Ten teams : With the conclusion of tonight's games they are now 38-19-8 (.646). The NCHC is currently 28-14-8 (.640). No opinions, just facts.

Men's Division I Hockey Inter-Conference Records: 2016-2017

The B1G is .006 ahead of the NCHC.

So the B1G has played 15 more OCC games then the NCHC

Big has played 3 games against Arizona State where the NCHC has played none. That kind of helps the B1G winning% ahead of the NCHC, but Arizona State will play some NCHC teams later in the year.

2-15 for your beloved Gopher against in-state teams.  

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, DaveK said:

Latest update on the non-conference record of Big Ten teams : With the conclusion of tonight's games they are now 38-19-8 (.646). The NCHC is currently 28-14-8 (.640). No opinions, just facts.

Why do you care so much about this stuff? I think the BIG will have a more competitive conference this season for sure. Get teams to the dance and see if they can represent the BIG in the ncaa's, then you can brag..... 

To the moderators on this site, can we block members so we don't have to see their posts? :D

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, nodakgirl93 said:

Why do you care so much about this stuff? I think the BIG will have a more competitive conference this season for sure. Get teams to the dance and see if they can represent the BIG in the ncaa's, then you can brag..... 

To the moderators on this site, can we block members so we don't have to see their posts? :D

Yep....just put your cursor on DAVEK and click on ignore user....but you will be missing out on some real gems.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, DaveK said:

Thanks so much, DaveK...

th?id=OIP.Mb7c09a543b4e0c4e81439c9e0f5d64cbo0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=241&h=181

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, DaveK said:

Considering how, other than Michigan State, every team in the conference is a quality opponent... I think what you just said could be the understatement of the year.

Once B1G conference play starts they will beat up on each other, so that means that teams in the top 16 of the PWR are going to loose to teams outside the top 16.

Wisconsin has 3 bad splits (if you want to call them that) against Northern Michigan (x2) and Merrimack. Both teams are sitting second to last in their conferences. Wisconsin is better then they were the last two years.

Ohio State has played one ranked team all year and got lucky they beat Denver.

Michigan and Minnesota, who should be running away with the B1G every year, are not that good this year.

Michigan State is god awful, they really need to fire Anastos. The Michigan State AD obviously doesn't care about hockey by giving Anastos an extension. Michigan State is a PWR killer for anyone that looses to them.

There seems to be a rumor of turmoil within the Arizona State hockey team. There was a rumor last year that Powers lost the locker room, with talk of Masters leaving the team. It will be interesting to see if this is true or not, it is coming from a pissed off ASU fan.  

18 minutes ago, DaveK said:

For one reason and one reason only... payback to all of the trolls who spent the better part of the last two years taking potshots at the Big Ten.

To be fair, the B10 teams play on the ice and in the national tourney didn't exactly help your cause the last couple years.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

ESPN accidentally called them MNSU-D one year during the bracket show, glad we're not the only one they screw up on. 

I saw a graphic on one of the NFL shows this weekend where they used the old Vikings logo...and one from I believe the major NBA network that used the AI-era 76ers logo that's been gone now for about ten years.  I know Gopher fans like to think that this is only an NDSU/UND issue...