SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-2017 College Hockey (Non UND Hockey)

cberkas

If I were a Nodak but one who needed a lot of attention, for whatever reason, I would think about making all my posts relate in some fashion to how I like the team most locals do not.   I would not need to show any real hockey knowledge or contribute any insight or humor to the discussion, but I would get constant attention.   

Either that or get counseling for harsh toilet training.      

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, DaveK said:

I don't just say top 20 because the lowest ranked top 20 Big Ten team is currently sitting at #16. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

Way to spin cycle it!

The reason they are all ranked is because they have been playing AHA teams to inflate their records.  Penn State has played a pretty pathetic schedule so far.  The average pairwise rank of the teams they have played is 40!   The average rank of the teams UND has played is just under 15.  In fact every team in the NCHC has played a tougher schedule than PSU so far (UNO is the lowest with an average opponent Pairwise rank of 30).  Five of the eight teams in the NCHC have played an equally tough or tougher schedule than Minnesota who has had the toughest schedule in the BIG with an average opponent Pairwise of 23.  The only other BIG team to play an above average schedule (avg opp Pairwise of under 30) is Michigan (28).  The BIG teams have pretty much all played pathetic schedules so far and the reason most of those teams are ranked is strictly based on their records.

1 hour ago, OshieRoll said:

Way to spin cycle it!

The reason they are all ranked is because they have been playing AHA teams to inflate their records.  Penn State has played a pretty pathetic schedule so far.  The average pairwise rank of the teams they have played is 40!   The average rank of the teams UND has played is just under 15.  In fact every team in the NCHC has played a tougher schedule than PSU so far (UNO is the lowest with an average opponent Pairwise rank of 30).  Five of the eight teams in the NCHC have played an equally tough or tougher schedule than Minnesota who has had the toughest schedule in the BIG with an average opponent Pairwise of 23.  The only other BIG team to play an above average schedule (avg opp Pairwise of under 30) is Michigan (28).  The BIG teams have pretty much all played pathetic schedules so far and the reason most of those teams are ranked is strictly based on their records.

You will have to speak slower to our Gofer friend.  He's a V-E-G-E-T-A-R-I-A-N. ;)

6 hours ago, DaveK said:

GTFO with your ludicrous accusations of pathetic schedules. The Gophers have played SCSU and UND, Michigan has played Union and BU, MSU has played Denver and Michigan Tech, Ohio State has played Denver, Penn State has played St. Lawrence and Notre Dame, & Wisconsin has played BC and St. Lawrence. The only pathetic thing I can see is your attitude. Rather than worry about trying to dismiss the success of the Big Ten hockey conference, maybe you should focus more on that team you follow that is 0-4-2 in their last six games and would be lucky to finish in the middle of the pack if they were in the Big Ten this year.

Why can't I merely state facts that pertain to the Big Ten conference in a thread titled "2016-2017 college hockey (non-UND hockey)" without having people lose their minds and jack the thread by starting petty arguments with me? This place is so full of thin-skinned crybabies.

And there it is...Hey everybody, it's DaveK calling people crybabies.  Must be hockey season.  Carry on.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, DaveK said:

GTFO with your ludicrous accusations of pathetic schedules. The Gophers have played SCSU and UND, Michigan has played Union and BU, MSU has played Denver and Michigan Tech, Ohio State has played Denver, Penn State has played St. Lawrence and Notre Dame, & Wisconsin has played BC and St. Lawrence. The only pathetic thing I can see is your attitude. Rather than worry about trying to dismiss the success of the Big Ten hockey conference, maybe you should focus more on that team you follow that is 0-4-2 in their last six games and would be lucky to finish in the middle of the pack if they were in the Big Ten this year.

Why can't I merely state facts that pertain to the Big Ten conference in a thread titled "2016-2017 college hockey (non-UND hockey)" without having people lose their minds and jack the thread by starting petty arguments with me? This place is so full of thin-skinned crybabies.

If we're all thin-skinned, then just leave.

No one wants you to post(see: troll) on this site. No one wants you to post on GPL.

Maybe try USCHO boards... or 4chan

• Upvote 2

I've met Dave & he seemed normal to me - he looks a lot younger than I expected

This site seems to be pretty open to thought provoking folks - Dave is on ND side most of the time - he just enjoys yanking chains & has different ideas & is not afraid to share them

I like a forum that has folks who are willing to speak up

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, DaveK said:

If people want to post about how much they dislike DaveK, then why not start a new thread about it?

When you say people, are you referring to all the thin-skinned crybabies?  By all means, let's get back on topic.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, DaveK said:

#6 UMass-Lowell plays at #9 Notre Dame tonight. Should be a competitive matchup between two very good teams that both figure to be contenders for a spot in the NCAA tournament next spring.

That's how you do it, Dave. 

Sounds like the North Star College Cup or "The Wooden Peg Leg" will be done this year. So the Gophers can't win it again and have been embarrassed by their fellow in state teams, so they decide to end it and lets be honest they won the first one in the most BS way to win it.

• Upvote 3