SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-2017 College Hockey (Non UND Hockey)

cberkas

2 hours ago, bigskyvikes said:

Not sure anyone said that?? But when I watched that video I thought they had won 2 championships. 

Like I said, that seems like a weird video to see players holding a trophy, celebrating a victory, but they are holding a 2nd place trophy. That's all I said, to each their own I guess.... just my thoughts...

I noticed the dates on the sleeve of there jersey and had to look them up. They were the two years they made the Frozen Four. 

I like that North Dakota, Michigan, and Denver don't put anything on their jerseys to show how many National Titles they have won. Michigan did do their title dates on the inside of the collar on a throwback jersey a few years back that looked nice.

4 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Under the current format (and when Miami won theirs) "Regional Champion" == "National Semifinalist". 

By definition, Frozen Four attendees are National Semifinalists. :)

I would be surprised if they do both, there was a time where they had a 3rd and 4th place, now the two who don't make the championship game end up tied for 3rd.

11 minutes ago, cberkas said:

I noticed the dates on the sleeve of there jersey and had to look them up. They were the two years they made the Frozen Four. 

I like that North Dakota, Michigan, and Denver don't put anything on their jerseys to show how many National Titles they have won. Michigan did do their title dates on the inside of the collar on a throwback jersey a few years back that looked nice.

Could we get gloves with dates on the fingers? 

"Fill the thumbs! Fill the thumbs!" :D

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Oh, how the commentary would be different had UND "choked" away that lead against Denver and lost in OT this past spring.  We certainly wouldn't be making fun of other "participants" and "national semi-finalists," would we?

We'd be too busy firing Berry. ;)

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Oh, how the commentary would be different had UND "choked" away that lead against Denver and lost in OT this past spring.  We certainly wouldn't be making fun of other "participants" and "national semi-finalists," would we?

Oh, I remember 2001, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2011, 2014, 2015. And we made fun of SCSU's "participation ribbons" all through that era. 

Once you've reached the top of mountain any other view seems ... lesser. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Oh, I remember 2001, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2011, 2014, 2015. And we made fun of SCSU's "participation ribbons" all through that era. 

Once you've reached the top of mountain any other view seems ... lesser. 

But we still never had a "NCAA Tournament Participant" banner hanging from the Ralph those years like the National Hockey Center does.  

• Upvote 3

Listen to a few moments of Lambert's new college hockey podcast and you'll know better than to care about his articles. He prefaced it with how he only cares about Hockey East.  Isn't particularly fluid on the mic either, which is too bad because I bet he's got a face for radio.

TL;DR: Lambert is not worth acknowledging

Clarification: Lambert is the guy Brad corrected above

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Sadly, CC has participation banners up in World Arena. I really wish they'd take down all of them except for the NCAA and WCHA banners. 

I think everyone does the "participation banners" but North Dakota, but I could be wrong though.

5 hours ago, cberkas said:

I think everyone does the "participation banners" but North Dakota, but I could be wrong though.

How would we do that? We're already having to redecorate with just Conference and National Championship banners up there. 

3 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

How did they not win a natty with that team?

Could say that about a lot of UND teams.  2011 being the next example.  Proof that team that has the best players doesn't always win it all.  BU will have a lot of pressure to Win a Natty this year because, like stated before, most of those guys will be one and done.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

It was pretty funny because the guy stated BU has the best college team on paper as a fact based on draft picks.

Then Brad corrects him and said it is definitely up for debate citing the 05-06 team and @twolinepass gets all butthurt. :lol:

• Upvote 1