SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-2017 College Hockey (Non UND Hockey)

cberkas

2 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

This guy left over a month ago.  Although he played in 33 games he was a healthy scratch during the F4.  BC has also brought in at least four Dmen so I'm sure he was guaranteed PT.  I get it though, he was only a freshman, depth matters even if he's a 5/6/7.

Losing a guy with 33 games experience for BC is big, considering they just turned over nearly their entire roster.  Losing anyone with some college hockey experience hurts when they'll be looking for leadership. 

I'm thinking about getting the NCHC.tv package this season but had some questions if anyone can answer them. I have season tickets for CC so if/when CC has home games, I'll be at World Arena for those. Is there any way one can watch the UND games after the fact (like dvr) or would one have to watch the game as its happening? Ideally, I'd like to come home from the CC games and watch the UND games.

42 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I'm thinking about getting the NCHC.tv package this season but had some questions if anyone can answer them. I have season tickets for CC so if/when CC has home games, I'll be at World Arena for those. Is there any way one can watch the UND games after the fact (like dvr) or would one have to watch the game as its happening? Ideally, I'd like to come home from the CC games and watch the UND games.

You can rewatch the games after they have been played. 

So hypothetically lets look at the Rockies and the west coast for a second, 

Schools that have Programs

Denver University

Colorado College

Air Force Academy

Arizona State University

University of Alaska Anchorage (possibly going to fold)

University of Alaska Fairbanks

Teams they will almost assuredly add hockey in the next five years

University of Nevada Las Vegas

Teams Schools that have some interest or are rumored to be interested.

University of Washington

University of Montana

Boise State University

Portland State University

University of Oregon

Stanford University

University of California Los Angeles

University of Southern California...

At what point do we start looking beyond just an expansion of NCHC or WCHA and start talking about a whole new conference or conferences.

The article below is where I got the 8 teams that might might be interested in starting hockey.

http://herosports.com/news/the-eight-schools-that-can-take-d1-hockey-to-the-west-coast#8

7 hours ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

So hypothetically lets look at the Rockies and the west coast for a second, 

Schools that have Programs

Denver University

Colorado College

Air Force Academy

Arizona State University

University of Alaska Anchorage (possibly going to fold)

University of Alaska Fairbanks

Teams they will almost assuredly add hockey in the next five years

University of Nevada Las Vegas

Teams Schools that have some interest or are rumored to be interested.

University of Washington

University of Montana

Boise State University

Portland State University

University of Oregon

Stanford University

University of California Los Angeles

University of Southern California...

At what point do we start looking beyond just an expansion of NCHC or WCHA and start talking about a whole new conference or conferences.

The article below is where I got the 8 teams that might might be interested in starting hockey.

http://herosports.com/news/the-eight-schools-that-can-take-d1-hockey-to-the-west-coast#8

University of Montana, BSU, and PSU haven't shown any interest.  Technically all three have arenas they can use but teams starting out west need deep pockets to fly everywhere to start, hence why it's Pac-12 schools.

59 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

University of Montana, BSU, and PSU haven't shown any interest.  Technically all three have arenas they can use but teams starting out west need deep pockets to fly everywhere to start, hence why it's Pac-12 schools.

Looks like Montana hasn't had a club team since 2012. Montana played in arena like Arizons State does.

1 hour ago, cberkas said:

Looks like Montana hasn't had a club team since 2012. Montana played in arena like Arizons State does.

Glacier ice rink's capacity is 2500.  Seating on both long sides with a loft area as well.

I played beer league there when I lived in Missoula.  It's a great hockey community, just too remote.

Wow.  If I had a nickle for every time someone said that a new university was adding D-1 hockey, I might just have enough money to save both UND baseball and golf.

But, alas, college hockey is still around the 60 teams it was 15 years ago.  Don't expect that number to change much, if at all.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Benny Baker said:

Wow.  If I had a nickle for every time someone said that a new university was adding D-1 hockey, I might just have enough money to save both UND baseball and golf.

Cheapskate. You could endow a couple scholarships too. ;)

• Upvote 2

On 9/6/2016 at 7:29 PM, Godsmack said:

Here's a preview on Letsgodu website of their incoming freshmen class. Clearly the kid from Finland is the prize recruit coming in.

https://letsgodu.com/2016/09/06/denver-hockey-incoming-freshman-class-profile/

It's clearly a new day at DU. Names like "Conley, Davies, Finlay, Cole."
How simple. Even a monosyllabic! Even the Finn is normalish at Borgstrom.

It makes you miss the Gwozdecky days with names like Doremus, Juho Olkinuora, Rhett Rakhshani, or Wiercioch .
Where's a Ruegsegger when you need one? :D 

7 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

It's clearly a new day at DU. Names like "Conley, Davies, Finlay, Cole."
How simple. Even a monosyllabic! Even the Finn is normalish at Borgstrom.

It makes you miss the Gwozdecky days with names like Doremus, Juho Olkinuora, Rhett Rakhshani, or Wiercioch .
Where's a Ruegsegger when you need one? :D 

What about Wallenheimo?  Not sure on the spelling of his last name and don't even want to try on his first name. 

• Upvote 1