SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-2017 College Hockey (Non UND Hockey)

cberkas

7 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Now, that's really funny.  Good 1!  Enjoy, while it lasts!

The B1G will play great hockey some day.

Keep in mind, outside of UND, the B1G still drew a lot of fans, compared to the rest of college hockey.  Don't be fooled by a few pictures of the games that looked pretty empty.

The scalpers that work outside of Mariucci Arena would disagree with you.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Now, that's really funny.  Good 1!  Enjoy, while it lasts!

The B1G will play great hockey some day.

Keep in mind, outside of UND, the B1G still drew a lot of fans, compared to the rest of college hockey.  Don't be fooled by a few pictures of the games that looked pretty empty.

The only team that looks to have kept their attendance up in the B1G is Michigan. That gold block "M" at Minnesota is just the fans looking like seats right? Ohio State can't get anyone to show up. Wisconsin has been loosing fans in droves. Michigan State has been terrible and it shows in the stands. Penn State is selling out because there isn't anything else to do in Happy Valley, then again Penn State starts having losing records like Wisconsin, Ohio State, and Michigan State the attendance will go down.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Apparently they have no reason to be excited for the season in Oxford?  

It sounds like they are going to do a 3 goalie rotation, I doubt that's what they will do, but it would be a change from they normally do at Miami.  

16 minutes ago, cberkas said:

There is some complaining about all the major penalties during the exhibition games against the Canadian Universities.

I saw some of those box scores and I heard a lot of complaining from fans of teams that I deem as chippy themselves so I wonder how much of it is brought on by their own teams. 

There was a lot of complaining out of Quinnipiac fans and I think we all know that's a pretty chippy team.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Apparently they have no reason to be excited for the season in Oxford?  

3 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Hey now, comments like that sometimes come back to bite you in the a$$. Miami is a solid program and they aren't going anywhere.

Obviously you guys aren't familiar with the joke.