SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-2017 College Hockey (Non UND Hockey)

cberkas

21 minutes ago, GFG said:

Is he one of the bottom guys? IIRC penn state lost their top Dman for the year a few weeks ago

Yeah, #4 was Myllari, a freshman who was put in the lineup due to Kevin Kerr being injured

Just now, cberkas said:

There are 4 defensemen with more points then Kerr, including Myllari.

Kerr got injured Feb 10, so he ended up missing 14 games. He was also one of their best defensive d-men and was on the PP. If you look at points per game he was quite a bit higher than Myllari and Autio. He only ended up 2 points behind them in 13/14 less games played.

52 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

If you're posting in this forum and it's not about hockey, take it to private message. 

- Moderators

On 1/21/2017 at 9:42 PM, UNDBIZ said:

You made a post saying you're better than Cam. You're still just a wannabe regardless of Cam's play this weekend. 

Yes I'd appreciate it if you'd pm me next time you call me names. Thank you

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GFG said:

If Minnesota was weak than what was UND considering they couldn't beat them? Losing both Novak and Lindgren to injury was a lot for MN, especially Lindgren because they didn't have a lot of depth on D. The team was very inconsistent this year (saw it again in the game vs Notre Dame) and most Gophers fans knew they weren't major title contenders because of that inconsistency. The B1G was not a bad conference, though. I think most college hockey fans throughout the country would agree that UMD and Denver were the top 2 teams in the country the majority of the year, but outside of those 2 the rest of the NCHC was basically on par with the rest of the conferences. 

UND could've won both those games they just didn't play well. It's not like Minnesota steamrolled them. As far as injuries go we had to play 3 freshmen defenseman for a portion of the year due to various injuries and our best defenseman was out for the NCAA tourney. Jost and Brock also missed time due to injury. We also definitely outplayed BU in our regional. I don't think the Gophers can say the same about their game against Notre Dame.

59 minutes ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

UND could've won both those games they just didn't play well. It's not like Minnesota steamrolled them.

Maybe, but our defense was nowhere near the current level when we played Goldy this year.

3 hours ago, SiouxFanatic said:

You are not accounting for @DaveK logic. Notre Dame is going to be part of the Big Ten next season so they totally count in his mind as a Big Ten rep for the Frozen Four this year. :lol:

I've heard this so much from Big Ten fans. They seem to forget that ND has played Hockey East teams all year and thus have a good pairwise...that may not hold true if they were in the Big Ten.

33 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

So much parity.  I have a super star kiddo, but it sucks in terms of options for college- CHL at least guarantees you a ride for every year you play...

I love the college game- we need more teams!!!

Absolutely.  Whose job is it to help institutions like Minot State, Iowa State, Illinois, or a U of Colorado get going towards full DI membership?  

I'm guessing no ones.  I'll hang up and listen.

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Absolutely.  Whose job is it to help institutions like Minot State, Iowa State, Illinois, or a U of Colorado get going towards full DI membership?  

Or the northwest that already have huge WHL followings- all the Washington and Oregon schools would be easy

6 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

End of the year, I think that DU is the best team.  UMD and Harvard are right there.  Penn State, Gophers, BU, Notre Dame, Lowell, Western, UND...any given night.

Air

Yup. The tournament results are not that far off from what a multi-game format would have produced, with the exception of ND and UML.  Should be a good FF.   

6 hours ago, Rebel_Sioux said:

I've heard this so much from Big Ten fans. They seem to forget that ND has played Hockey East teams all year and thus have a good pairwise...that may not hold true if they were in the Big Ten.

If Notre Dame was in the B1G, they would most likely not had as good a pairwise, but they would of won the conference and most likely the conference tournament.

7 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I believe it is SiouxVolley's. He just needs to come in here and tell us who is moving up!

• Upvote 1

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 8:06 AM, John W. said:

By not being supportive of fellow league members, is reflective of the arrogance of many UND 'hockey supporters....not all, but especially the homophobic group that believes the old logo was somehow 'stolen' from them..."Homophobic"....perhaps too advanced a word for the 'and ah' crowd!!!!!!

• Upvote 1