SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-2017 College Hockey (Non UND Hockey)

cberkas

9 minutes ago, NoDakFan said:

Wow, that definitley should've been a charge. Clearly launched before contact. 

Remember when Matt Frattin had 5 and a game then was also suspended a game for a hit against Wehrs?. Don't remember if there was contact to the head on that one.  And that was before the ultra emphasis on player safety.

5 minutes ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

Since the formation of the Big 6 they only have two wins vs NCHC teams in the national tourney. That was Minnesota in their runner-up year. Also the last year they had a team in the Frozen 4.

Said it all year long, the Big 10 is AWFUL and I knew they'd do nothing in the tournament. 

Meanwhile the two teams I said would crush the Gophers are in the Frozen Four. 

You remember this convo, don't ya MM?    ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Yeah I was really confused how that would work too... I thought it had to be called a penalty in order to review for a 5?

6 minutes ago, cberkas said:

You can call a major on a replay without a penalty, but only a major.

Sure getting interesting with the rules...offsides on Hoff, but if we rewind the video another 1:37, it looks like we missed a a cross-check on McAvoy.  :lol:

• Upvote 2

Just now, beebsb010 said:

Said it all year long, the Big 10 is AWFUL and I knew they'd do nothing in the tournament. 

DaveK spent a lot of this year talking up the big 10. I told him time would tell and it has.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

Since the formation of the Big 6 they only have two wins vs NCHC teams in the national tourney. That was Minnesota in their runner-up year. Also the last year they had a team in the Frozen 4.

You are not accounting for @DaveK logic. Notre Dame is going to be part of the Big Ten next season so they totally count in his mind as a Big Ten rep for the Frozen Four this year. :lol:

• Upvote 1

The NCAA needs to fix the countless reviews during games. I get some goals but there should be a someone or a couple people sitting in a room with multiple angles. If there needs to be a review on a goal make it quick with out delaying the game too much. If there is a review of a goal because of a offsides make it a coaches challenge like the NCHC did during the year. The review were getting ridiculous during the games.

6 minutes ago, beebsb010 said:

My god....you and that siouxvikes guy....obsessed with Mafia...jeez...scary. 

DaveK is a child, but the B1G is not awful.   Two teams finished above UND in the PW, OSU took Duluth to overtime on Friday, and Wisconsin is on its way back.  Michigan will not be down for long.   I'd love for it to be a joke conference too, but it isn't.  

Dang, though, it's nice to see them come up with zippo in the tournament.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, brianvf said:

That Troy Terry kid appears to be a decent player. 5pts in the regional final game? Nicely done. 

That last empty netter may have been easier than the shootout goals in the wjc

NCAA moved the Frozen Four off the weekend of bouncy ball's Final Four, but why couldn't they return regionals to campus sites over these two weeks.

16 teams to 8 for the first weekend.

8 teams to 4 for the second weekend.

Then, Frozen Four.

They do something like that for NCAA baseball. Two weeks of regionals and then CWS

That would sure beat watching kids on TV running around the stands in three-quarter empty regional siets.

• Upvote 2

Just now, NoDak Fan said:

NCAA moved the Frozen Four off the weekend of bouncy ball's Final Four, but why couldn't they return regionals to campus sites over these two weeks.

16 teams to 8 for the first weekend.

8 teams to 4 for the second weekend.

Then, Frozen Four.

They do something like that for NCAA baseball. Two weeks of regionals and then CWS

That would sure beat watching kids on TV running around the stands in three-quarter empty regional siets.

Best of 3 series potential there as well. It is nice having 2 weeks to make travel arrangements though. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, beebsb010 said:

A simple, "you were right" would suffice.  

Hope you are doing ok with your two teams losing this weekend man! 

You were right, beebs010.  Minnesota Duluth and Denver really kicked the sh*t out of Minnesota in the tournament this weekend.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

You were right, beebs010.  Minnesota Duluth and Denver really kicked the sh*t out of Minnesota in the tournament this weekend.  

No but they would have had they played.  The Gophers were WEAK as I said they were.  Remember, you felt the need to validate the Gophers GODLINESS by pointing out that they beat "our" favorite squad?  The Big 10 was awful and I called it months ago. 

But hey, I'd be salty too if I had egg all over my face.

Good night my man! 

• Downvote 2

39 minutes ago, beebsb010 said:

No but they would had they played and the Gophers were WEAK as I said they were.  Remember, you felt the need to validate the Gophers GODLINESS by pointing out that they beat "our" favorite squad? 

Good night my man! 

Egg all over my face?  About what?  A hockey tournament?  Frankly, I'm a little more concerned about perhaps needing to have a restraining order on file just in case you happen to "accidentally" bump into me on the street somewhere.

12 minutes ago, beebsb010 said:

No but they would have had they played.  The Gophers were WEAK as I said they were.  Remember, you felt the need to validate the Gophers GODLINESS by pointing out that they beat "our" favorite squad?  The Big 10 was awful and I called it months ago. 

Good night my man! 

If Minnesota was weak than what was UND considering they couldn't beat them? Losing both Novak and Lindgren to injury was a lot for MN, especially Lindgren because they didn't have a lot of depth on D. The team was very inconsistent this year (saw it again in the game vs Notre Dame) and most Gophers fans knew they weren't major title contenders because of that inconsistency. The B1G was not a bad conference, though. I think most college hockey fans throughout the country would agree that UMD and Denver were the top 2 teams in the country the majority of the year, but outside of those 2 the rest of the NCHC was basically on par with the rest of the conferences. 

• Upvote 1