SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2016 - 2017 Season

Frozen4sioux

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 0:58 PM, UND-RedSox fan said:

I read an article about him earlier this year and it basically said that if BU offers, he will sign there in a second. If BU doesn't offer, that might be a sign that UND shouldn't want him. I have never seen the kid play but it sounds like if he was good enough to be at UND then he will be playing for BU.

huh?

1 minute ago, scpa0305 said:

huh?

If BU wants him he will be there, no if, ands, or buts. If they don't want him, maybe that is a sign he isn't good enough to play at UND. Again, I've never seen him play, but if he is as good as it sounds like he is, then he will be playing in a red and white BU sweater.

11 minutes ago, UND-RedSox fan said:

Kind of crazy that Gage and Hrynkiw might be the only seniors on next year's roster. And the team is still set up to pretty dang good, especially if Schmaltz comes back.

I've heard there's a surprising chance at what we believed to be an unlikely third senior.

29 minutes ago, UND-RedSox fan said:

If BU wants him he will be there, no if, ands, or buts. If they don't want him, maybe that is a sign he isn't good enough to play at UND. Again, I've never seen him play, but if he is as good as it sounds like he is, then he will be playing in a red and white BU sweater.

oh.....yeah. My comment was more wishful thinking. He'll end up out east. He's really good.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, UND-RedSox fan said:

Nobody wanted that Shayne Gostisbehere guy either - except Union College.  That worked out pretty good for them.  

• Upvote 3

Just now, MafiaMan said:

Nobody wanted that Shayne Gostisbehere guy either - except Union College.  That worked out pretty good for them.  

True but Greenwood also has size as a defenseman and an older brother that is an NHL draft pick. Gostisbehere may have slipped through the cracks, but this kid won't.

12 minutes ago, snova4 said:

Who'd be the most surprising if he stayed? That's your answer.

Well, that would most definitely be Ladue considering most everyone thinks him leaving is a no brainer.  I'm not going to get my hopes up but that would be HUGE if he decided to return.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, snova4 said:

Who'd be the most surprising if he stayed? That's your answer.

I had that thought today too.  Imagine Ladue going the route of a Stetcher who was undrafted.  If he doesn't sign this year, he has a chance to hold all the cards in his hand.  Who wants to go the pro route and be stuck in the AHL?  If he stays his senior year, he can either sign with Kings next year or not.  He would control his own destiny.  Stetcher had to sign this year because he was at probably the highest point of contract, that isn't Ladue's case.  This could be interesting.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

I'm going to get hit for this but I honestly wouldv rather seen LaDue go then Stecher. I didn't really see anything different between LaDue and the other defenceman not counting Wolanin and Shaw. I thought Stecher stood out the most this year by far

Two completely different types of defensemen. I disagree about LaDue being just like the other D-men. I thought that he looked NHL-ready all season. I wondered if there might be a chance he came back for an opportunity to start his NHL career on his own terms. It would be incredible to have him back for a run at #9!

47 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

I'm going to get hit for this but I honestly wouldv rather seen LaDue go then Stecher. I didn't really see anything different between LaDue and the other defenceman not counting Wolanin and Shaw. I thought Stecher stood out the most this year by far

I agree 100%, Stecher was one of the best and most consistent players on our team all year.

3 hours ago, UND-RedSox fan said:

Kind of crazy that Gage and Hrynkiw might be the only seniors on next year's roster. And the team is still set up to pretty dang good, especially if Schmaltz comes back.

Not really surprising. In this day and age UND will probably rarely have many seniors as most the half decent guys guys usually leave after their Junior years. 

1 hour ago, fargosioux said:

Two completely different types of defensemen. I disagree about LaDue being just like the other D-men. I thought that he looked NHL-ready all season. I wondered if there might be a chance he came back for an opportunity to start his NHL career on his own terms. It would be incredible to have him back for a run at #9!

It would be incredible to have him back.  He made a diving backcheck that saved a possible goal in the final, and then laid down that tape to tape 100' pass right on Boeser's stick that led to goal #4.  If he's not ready for the NHL, I may need glasses, but I'd sure love to see him in Green next year.  That would be a major blue-line bonus.

2 hours ago, Emerald joker said:

LaDue, but id like LJ to stay too since he seemed to find chemistry with Poganski and Gardner with the Heavy line that was really effective

If LJ does go I think Mattson steps right in on that line with Gardner a solid center. Most years I think Mattson walks in as a top 6 forward.

14 minutes ago, 808287 said:

It would be incredible to have him back.  He made a diving backcheck that saved a possible goal in the final, and then laid down that tape to tape 100' pass right on Boeser's stick that led to goal #4.  If he's not ready for the NHL, I may need glasses, but I'd sure love to see him in Green next year.  That would be a major blue-line bonus.

By NHL ready you mean you think he's going to step into the NHL?

I don't see it.