SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Departures 2016 Edition

AZSIOUX

16 minutes ago, brianvf said:

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.
When I look at our potential lineup next season (with Schmaltz), I see a team that is still probably in the top 5 nationally that could make a run at the repeat.
Without Schmaltz, the team loses some offensive firepower but would still make the NCAA's as a 2 or 3 seed would be my guess.

With the players returning and the great incoming class, I certainly wouldn't classify this upcoming year as rebuilding...

Every year North Dakota, for all intensive purposes, will be one of the top teams of college hockey without trying...rebuilding at North Dakota equates to something like missing the Frozen Four by one game.

No one knows the future. Wouldn't be surprised if UND struggled in a few games next year. They appear to be even younger than this year. But with Cam in net anything is possible.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

It was meant to be a joke, no big deal. You have to learn to laugh about things and not get into the PC crowd!

I'm the least PC person here but laughing about someone's sexuality is a joke? have some &*I(ing respect! You might as well go hang out with that other Bigot (DHG) from Duluth! 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, southpaw said:

I told my friends on the way to Tampa... if UND wins #8, I don't care if everyone leaves.  They've earned it.

I told my friends that if the Sioux won, I would not care about the next year or so or any of my other sports teams for a season. Vikings missed a field goal . . . don't care. Blue Jackets crapped the bed, don't care. Didn't get as big of a raise as I wanted, no big deal!

• Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

I'm the least PC person here but laughing about someone's sexuality is a joke? have some &*I(ing respect! You might as well go hang out with that other Bigot (DHG) from Duluth! 

I'm glad you were upset for that reason.  When I first read your response I thought you were probably anti-GLBT.   I certainly am anything but, but I thought it best be left alone, since this is a hockey discussion and may not be the place for discussion of social issues, at least to the extent others did not ask for it. 

2 hours ago, Cratter said:

But with Cam in net anything is possible.

(Knowing how Cam loves to show his critics they are wrong ... )

Hey Cam! You got lucky last year. It was all the defense in front of you. It wasn't you. No Stech, no KT, no Ladue. You're toast. Nah-nah-nah! :D

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

(Knowing how Cam loves to show his critics they are wrong ... )

Hey Cam! You got lucky last year. It was all the defense in front of you. It wasn't you. No Stech, no KT, no Ladue. You're toast. Nah-nah-nah! :D

Actual scenario:

"Hey Cam, you started this season letting in three goals on three shots....."

Cam realizing he is being asked that question after winning a championship letting in one goal, cracks a smile and replies....

"I guess its how you finish, not how you start."

Classic. :)

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Sorry.... gonna be "that guy" here since it's a pet peeve ...

"For all intents and purposes" is the correct usage, here.

Correct usage is so 1609. Ever read Shakespeare?

You want to be really correct the phrase is " “to all intents, constructions, and purposes,” 

#onesisoldschooloneisnewschoolilikenewschool

#dictionaryalwaysaddingwords

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Correct usage is so 1609. Ever read Shakespeare?

You want to be really correct the phrase is " “to all intents, constructions, and purposes,” 

#onesisoldschooloneisnewschoolilikenewschool

#dictionaryalwaysaddingwords

So, a rose, by any other name, would smell as sweet?

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, siouxkid12 said:

Nope, didn't say laughing at someone's sexuality was a joke, I meant his comment I'm sure was meant to be a joke. No ones disrespecting anyone. But I think someone needs a nap ha ha. Its all good

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1