SiouxSports.com Forum

PairWise Rankings

jimdahl

A situation similar to last year's Frozen Faceoff wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.  Even with a couple of losses, DU is nearly locked into the overall number one spot.  IF they find themselves in the third place game against UND, I'd imagine the Pioneers will again use it as a chance to rest a bunch of guys.  That could be huge for a UND team that would likely need a win in that game.

8 minutes ago, southpaw said:

A situation similar to last year's Frozen Faceoff wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.  Even with a couple of losses, DU is nearly locked into the overall number one spot.  IF they find themselves in the third place game against UND, I'd imagine the Pioneers will again use it as a chance to rest a bunch of guys.  That could be huge for a UND team that would likely need a win in that game.

Or they'll relish the thought of ending our season like we did to them last year :ohmy:

IMO Jost would greatly benefit from another year of growing into his Man body and polishing his game.

Not only that but by taking a leadership role. I'd give him the "C". He will be a better pro.

However, Colorado is a dumpster fire of Indian food filled diapers.

They will push hard to sign him. He will struggle until he doesn't. That may not be in Colorado.

Just now, Frozen4sioux said:

IMO Jost would greatly benefit from another year of growing into his Man body and polishing his game.

Not only that but by taking a leadership role. I'd give him the "C". He will be a better pro.

However, Colorado is a dumpster fire of Indian food filled diapers.

They will push hard to sign him. He will struggle until he doesn't. That may not be in Colorado.

This could also suggest that they'll take their time with him. The Avs aren't one Jost away from being any good. Let him develop.

20 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'll say it now:

1. I hope, sincerely hope, Tyson Jost stays for a sophomore season to build the body and finish polishing the details of his game (ala Toews). Plus, he'd be the immediate favorite for the Hobey.
2. If he stays, hang the "C" on him now simply off his third period on Friday. 

That is all. 

Pretty sure, we though this same thing about Brock. Granted he had a lot of injuries to deal with as well. So often, be a hobey candidate or winner is not just because of the individual talent, but a product of the those around you. Jost is so so good, but he need to have a cohesive line that generates production. DOT line, CBS line ... those guys were always scoring, so certain players were lighting up the stat sheets.

Agreed, he would likely wear a C, or at least an A.

15 minutes ago, southpaw said:

Probably won't happen, and who knows if we even see them again this season, but how funny would it be to end DU's season in that national tournament. After last year, and how good they have been this year, I'm almost crying/laughing at the idea of that happening. Would be pretty fun.

4 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

You guys are funny. Isn't it obvious what Berry is doing?

Last year he wins the Nat'l Championship with a team that was one of the best all year. That would be boring two years in a row, so he is creating a little excitement. Appear to struggle, just barely slip into the tourney, they hit the gas and smoke everyone. Its all an act. :)

genius-gif.gif

Just now, petey23 said:

Ridiculous price gouging. Only time I have seen it happen among college hockey fans at the frozen 4.

I had freebies thanks to a buddy but did notice that around the arena.  I had the same problem at the 2000 regional at Mariucci.  Gopher fans all around the building asking for WAY MORE than face value for tickets.  Maybe 4,000 actual attendees once I got in the door.

1 hour ago, southpaw said:

I'm wondering if they'll even make the FF?  Two wins in three games seems like a tough situation for this team.

26 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I had freebies thanks to a buddy but did notice that around the arena.  I had the same problem at the 2000 regional at Mariucci.  Gopher fans all around the building asking for WAY MORE than face value for tickets.  Maybe 4,000 actual attendees once I got in the door.

I have been to Cincy, Milwaukee, St. Louis, Denver, Boston, etc. and always bought tickets from other fans who decided not to attend an always paid face value.....except in St. Paul.....

My advice to UND fans who have tickets to the regional and in the vent our favorite squad is making tee times and if you decide not to attend is to charge face value to any fan except those from a certain fanbase

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Ridiculous price gouging. Only time I have seen it happen among college hockey fans at the frozen 4.

Denver 2008 was quite awful as well, not necessarily price gouging, but very expensive.  I took a pass after the 3-0 BC avalanche to start.  

1 minute ago, Shawn-O said:

Denver 2008 was quite awful as well, not necessarily price gouging, but very expensive.  I took a pass after the 3-0 BC avalanche to start.  

We kept our tickets and went to title game......since we had quite a bit of booze and beer left in our suite.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Last year he wins the Nat'l Championship with a team that was one of the best all year. That would be boring two years in a row, so he is creating a little excitement. Appear to struggle, just barely slip into the tourney, they hit the gas and smoke everyone. Its all an act. :)

47 minutes ago, rhenry8439 said:

genius-gif.gif

19-meme-wallpaper.jpg

6 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

Secondary market was really cheap on Saturday...as the scalpers told us, the wrong team lost on Thursday

8 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Secondary market was really cheap on Saturday...as the scalpers told us, the wrong team lost on Thursday

Drove through a blizzard to get there, underestimated the Thursday demand outside, met some awesome people at Brooklyn's, and made a very long and quiet 14 hour drive home on Saturday.   

On 2/27/2017 at 11:37 AM, siouxfan512 said:

And who said the game isn't rigged?

On 2/27/2017 at 4:24 PM, petey23 said:

We kept our tickets and went to title game......since we had quite a bit of booze and beer left in our suite.

We had 10 guys and 2 cars(drove in blizzard to Denver), sold our tickets after the 6-0 score, with 3 minutes left. Left whatever beer was left over in the room Sat. morning , came back to GF. That game in Denver reminded me of last Saturdays game, like the boys went and got drunk the night before.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

We had 10 guys and 2 cars(drove in blizzard to Denver), sold our tickets after the 6-0 score, with 3 minutes left. Left whatever beer was left over in the room Sat. morning , came back to GF. That game in Denver reminded me of last Saturdays game, like the boys went and got drunk the night before.

I did the same....that weather was nasty.

Just now, siouxfan512 said:

Can anyone clarify the NCHC tie breakers. Looks like we have the same number of points as Omaha, have beat them 3 out of 4, but are still stuck behind them.

I think it's only because NE is higher in the alphabet then NO, is my guess. UND does own the tie breaker.

• Upvote 1