SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 North Dakota HS Hockey

GoalieMask

1 hour ago, ksixpack said:

Scheduling has everything to do with it. Ā Women's hockey having priority of the REA was not the purpose of the gift. I am certainly not for Title IX and its mandates. Ā Sleeping in an extra hour is the least of my worries, especially since I am up at 6 am every morning. Ā Seriously, where do people like you come from? Ā You areĀ so interested in showing people how smart you are that you don't entirely read other peoples posts.

So your issue is that boys hockey plays a game at 10am, something they have done in the past despite your insistence that they haven't? And the REA, home of UND hockey, is going to give their own team a little priority, despite clearing it with all parties and is somehow going to cause the tournament to be moved permanently to Fargo?Ā 

I've seen "never in the 50 years of this tournament" or some derivative a couple times in this thread.Ā 

A couple questions:

1. How many years has high school hockey for girls existed in North Dakota?
  2. Does anyone remember when the girls state tournament was run just like a typical youth tourney on the weekend?
  3. And was played in somewhere out west like Dickinson when the boys were in the REA?

I have to think having it in the same town at least is a hell of a lot better.Ā 

I also read that the hsĀ girls would "love to play on the Olympic sheet". Would our resident (retired) girls hockey coach address this? After all, "ice is ice" as we've been told in this thread. (not sure I wanted to go there again, but don't think there will be a context interpretation issue in this instance.)

What's the uproar about,Ā again?

4 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

And were the ticket sales all that great in Fargo last year? Hockey is still a second-rate sport in Imperial Cass County, I don't care how many parents have kids playing youth hockey.

No idea what ticket sales were.......but the bottom line is when everything is added up it must beĀ more profitable.

On ā€Ž2ā€Ž/ā€Ž23ā€Ž/ā€Ž2016 at 9:06 PM, 90siouxfan said:

Go Midgets!

Seriously, I've always wondered how in the hell a school gets away anymore with being called the "Midgets" in thisĀ  PC/everybody's offended by everythingĀ world we live in now (I got no issue with it)?Ā  Enjoy it while you can cus sooner or later it will be gone...

1 hour ago, choyt3 said:

I've seen "never in the 50 years of this tournament" or some derivative a couple times in this thread.Ā 

A couple questions:

2. Does anyone remember when the girls state tournament was run just like a typical youth tourney on the weekend?
  3. And was played in somewhere out west like Dickinson when the boys were in the REA?

I also read that the hsĀ girls would "love to play on the Olympic sheet". Would our resident (retired) girls hockey coach address this? After all, "ice is ice" as we've been told in this thread. (not sure I wanted to go there again, but don't think there will be a context interpretation issue in this instance.)

Not girls high school stateĀ tournament, people are complaining that the UND woman's team is playing their games at the REAĀ the same weekend as the boys high school state tournament. Ā 

12 hours ago, choyt3 said:

A couple questions:

My team loved to play on the big ice. Now the last 2 years I coached Jamestown we had 11 skaters on the team. You would think the bigger ice would be a negative for our team because of our short bench. For some reason it was the opposite. Team got stronger as the games went on and managed a 5th and 4th place finish my last 2 years. The atmosphere in there is pretty amazing when it's full as it gets loud and the team fed off that.

The Grand Forks Heraldo weighed in on this topic this morning:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/local-sports/3955721-state-hockey-future-state-hockey-gf-looking-bleak

State hockey's potential move to Fargo falls in line with recent actions by the NDHSAA to move tournaments to "preferred sites."

In 2013, the NDHSAA began to lock in some state tournaments with permanent hosts.

The football championships, known as the Dakota Bowl, were moved to Fargo full time after previously rotating with Grand Forks.

The Alerus Center hosted the Dakota Bowl in 2014, which will be the last time in the foreseeable future.

Wrestling (Fargo), tennis (Grand Forks) and swimming (Bismarck) joined track and field (Bismarck) as preferred sites for the NDHSAA events.

So let me get this straight. The only sport that Grand Forks is a "preferred site" for now is tennis?!?! Are you *bleeping* kidding me?!?! Is this someone's idea of a bad joke?!?! Grand Forks isn't Fargo or Bismarck, but it isn't Mapes either. The idea that Grand Forks will be stuck with tennis, while everybody else gets something is outrageous and is not acceptable. If any tournament belongs in Grand Forks, it is hockey. Football probably belongs in Fargo. Class B boys and girls basketball probably belongs in Bismarck or Minot. You could make the argument that everything else can be rotated around the four major cities every few years. But apparently that isn't going to happen. :angry:

And Bismarck better be careful, or else the "State B" will be headed east to Imperial Cass County too. ???

And the worst part is, nobody in Grand Forks seems to care. Or at least I haven't heard it. :(

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!! said:

I can't get it to stream smoothly. Ā Its all choppy for me.

I am working so I wasn't watching every second of it but so far it has worked well.

If you are on WIFI, try using a hardline. Also close any programs that you are not actually using. Sometimes this helps, especially if it is an older computer or you have limited RAM storage.