SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

4 minutes ago, WPGfan said:

My son has been down for both Junior Day and Homecoming. He loves the coaches and is excited with the prospect of playing for the Fighting Hawks. He's a DB/KR from Winnipeg. Take a peak at his tape below.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4474760/shae-weekes

Don't forget us Canadians!

We've had a ton of great Canadian players. Looks like he runs pretty well. We can always use more kids than can run.

21 minutes ago, WPGfan said:

My son has been down for both Junior Day and Homecoming. He loves the coaches and is excited with the prospect of playing for the Fighting Hawks. He's a DB/KR from Winnipeg. Take a peak at his tape below.

I like prospects that are excited to have an opportunity to become part of the UND community! Whether he gets an offer, PWO, or tries to walk on, UND is a great place to get a degree and excel in life. Players with dedication are the kinds of men he wants in his football family.

Fantastic article....the recruits are taking notice and love what bubba is doing here. Great to hear as we are only half way through year three of bubba ball. Big kudos on the "17" recruiting class so far!! 

To currently have one of the top fcs recruiting classes speaks volumes of what bubba and crew are capable of and that the future of this program is in good hands for many years to come.  Adding this very talented (not yet done) in-coming class to the young talent (soph & fresh)  that currently play major mins......Und is not that far away from evolving into a reloading team rather then rebuilding.  The outlook is A++ 

2017 recruiting class needs: 

1- They need to focus on a break away wr....two recruits here would be sufficient. It would be great if they were good/great punt returners as well-  "Two birds one stone"

2- Firm believer that a team can never have enough OL/DL.  Winning games starts in the trenches.  Boye mafe (will be here Saturday) and 3 to 4  OL. 

3- secondary depth- many spots available 

4- kicker 

5-drop down qb or juco qb.  Depth chart behind studs still scares me.  Love boltmann but will only be a true fresh and just not sold on heidlebaugh from what I've seen in practice.  

Beat weber!

42 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

5-drop down qb or juco qb.  Depth chart behind studs still scares me.  Love boltmann but will only be a true fresh and just not sold on heidlebaugh from what I've seen in practice.  

Could Bolinske be the guy after Studsrud graduates?

1 hour ago, Longtime fan said:

Fantastic article....the recruits are taking notice and love what bubba is doing here. Great to hear as we are only half way through year three of bubba ball. Big kudos on the "17" recruiting class so far!! 

To currently have one of the top fcs recruiting classes speaks volumes of what bubba and crew are capable of and that the future of this program is in good hands for many years to come.  Adding this very talented (not yet done) in-coming class to the young talent (soph & fresh)  that currently play major mins......Und is not that far away from evolving into a reloading team rather then rebuilding.  The outlook is A++ 

1- They need to focus on a break away wr....two recruits here would be sufficient. It would be great if they were good/great punt returners as well-  "Two birds one stone"

2- Firm believer that a team can never have enough OL/DL.  Winning games starts in the trenches.  Boye mafe (will be here Saturday) and 3 to 4  OL. 

4- kicker 

Beat weber!

Landing Mafe in addition to Ott would be completely ridiculous. I really hope UND can do it. If they can, I think we are set at DE, but would really like to see more O-line. Coaches did a really nice job finding Grady and a few others, and unfortunately we lost 3 or 3 guys that would have been studs. Hope the coaches just keep at it.

So impressed with what they are doing. I've said it before but when I was in Fargo tailgating with family (of course sporting my UND apparel), people told me they heard nothing but great things about Bubba and what he was doing. One of the UND player's uncles said his nephew absolutely loved playing for Bubba and had great things to say.

Pretty pumped for where we are now and were we will be in a few years.

On 10/22/2016 at 9:53 PM, WPGfan said:

Actually UND has a great history of players from Manitoba - very happy to see we are recruiting up north for more than just hockey :). 

7 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

4- kicker 

Beat weber!

Not a local name, but Griebel from Columbine (CO) ......Swiss army SLOT REC.....punt ret. plus ANY other specials needed (holder etc.).. Currently QB for his squad...Still huge interest in UND...Has been offered and will make an official visit when scheduled.  

Has 11 offers. ....Just got Griz offer.... Bro played at MSU...

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Hawks_Win_Again said:

Not a local name, but Griebel from Columbine (CO) ......Swiss army SLOT REC.....punt ret. plus ANY other specials needed (holder etc.).. Currently QB for his squad...Still huge interest in UND...Has been offered and will make an official visit when scheduled.  

Has 11 offers. ....Just got Griz offer.... Bro played at MSU...

Been keeping an eye on this kid. He would be a great addition to UND's football family.