SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

Anyone know if there will be many recruits at the game this weekend? Just curious. I would think homecoming would be a good time to have kids visit, as there is so much going on.

25-30 prospects, according to Bubba. 

Ott is a very good get.  I didn't bother with him right away as I figured he'd end up at the U of M, but really glad we were able to get him.  Heard he was in GF this weekend, so must have liked what he saw.  I believe he had an offer from SDSU as well.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Hambone said:

Ott is a very good get.  I didn't bother with him right away as I figured he'd end up at the U of M, but really glad we were able to get him.  Heard he was in GF this weekend, so must have liked what he saw.  I believe he had an offer from SDSU as well.

Very good player with an explosive get off. Torn ACL last season hurt his recruiting a bit as he wasn't able to camp this summer. Minnesota has been keeping a close eye on him and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him end up there still.

2 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Very good player with an explosive get off. Torn ACL last season hurt his recruiting a bit as he wasn't able to camp this summer. Minnesota has been keeping a close eye on him and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him end up there still.

Yeah, I knew about his injury.  But you're right about the fact he could still end up there.  He would be tremendous for us.......

Ryan Burns‏@RyanBurnsMN 33m33 minutes ago

Ryan Burns Retweeted Tom Miller

I will not understand why @EzekielOtt didn't at least have a MAC offer. He's an absolute STEAL for North Dakota. We'll see what MN does...https://twitter.com/tommillergf/status/788086626366873601 …

Thanks for the update on Boltmann. As an Eden Prairie Alum, I just saw that EP has 4 straight shutouts, with 5 on the season. Makes me wonder if there aren't some playmakers that UND could find in that bunch, that aren't going elsewhere. I also found the 247sports list for top recruits from MN. Plenty of UND on there, but also plenty of undecided players.

http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?State=MN

• Upvote 1

On 10/17/2016 at 4:50 PM, bang said:

Is Ott coming as O-line or D-line? I thought I saw something earlier saying O-line but everything I see now says D-line. 

Can't imagine Ott is coming in on the O-Line. He is 6-3 225, and currently listed at OLB and DE. I'd imagine that's what he'll play at UND. Pretty exciting stuff with this kid though.

10 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Boltmann was very good tonight and threw the ball well.   To my untrained eye he seemed to have a pretty quick release.

Had some zip on the out routes and shorter passes and also decent touch on longer passes over the top, especially for a hs player.  His receivers dropped two long passes that would have made his stats better and one would have gone for a TD.

Edina mostly ran out of the shotgun and a lot of read option.   Boltmann ran the ball very well and took it  up the middle for about a 45 yard TD similar to what we have seen Studsrud do.   Their entire offense revolved around what he could do.  Minnetonka blitzed him a lot and was often too much for their O-line to handle.   He hung in there well and continued to make plays.  I was impressed.  

Great to hear.  Did you happen to notice his teammate rickert?  If so, how did he look?  Would love to get a package deal 

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

Can't imagine Ott is coming in on the O-Line. He is 6-3 225, and currently listed at OLB and DE. I'd imagine that's what he'll play at UND. Pretty exciting stuff with this kid though.

If UND can maintain his commitment until February, Ott will be a high potential player for UND. Exciting stuff indeed.