SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

3 minutes ago, homer said:

Nothing is on hold.  Not sure how many are left.  They aren't cutting scholarships. Actually in Kennedy's interview prior to interview part of this evaluation is how to get more resources to the core sports to make them more competitive.  He has a vision for what he wants the athletic dept. to look like and a competitive football team fits that vision.  

I wish I could find a link to the pregame but it left me feeling a lot better about him and this situation.  

I hope we recruit a bunch of guys with legit speed this year. We already have one. We are good on tall WR for a while now. I'd look for a couple FBS or JUCO WR to come in as well.

16 minutes ago, homer said:

Nothing is on hold.  Not sure how many are left.  They aren't cutting scholarships. Actually in Kennedy's interview prior to interview part of this evaluation is how to get more resources to the core sports to make them more competitive.  He has a vision for what he wants the athletic dept. to look like and a competitive football team fits that vision.  

I wish I could find a link to the pregame but it left me feeling a lot better about him and this situation.  

OK, I didn't think they would do something like that, but after reading what Kimberly Kenville offered up during the Intercollegiate Athletics Committee, I was concerned. Seriously, not being in a conference at all or moving back to Div II?  Wasn't really sure what we were dealing with. 

28 minutes ago, Football fan said:

OK, I didn't think they would do something like that, but after reading what Kimberly Kenville offered up during the Intercollegiate Athletics Committee, I was concerned. Seriously, not being in a conference at all or moving back to Div II?  Wasn't really sure what we were dealing with. 

Just letting the idiots speak before the real men make the decisions-

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, Football fan said:

She deserved to be thrown out of the room instantly.  

• Upvote 3

Based on what I have seen from our team so far we need to bring in up to 3 qbs this class. I like Boltmann. I think the coaches should be looking at JUCO qbs and if they can get a decent FBS transfer they should entertain that as well.  The reason is because it seems the coaches are trying to keep Studsrud healthy instead of maximizing his play making potential.  That in turn is holding back the offense. So what we need is quality QB depth. We can't wait for guys to develop, we need a couple older ones to fill the gap.  QB should be the #1 priority this class and WR should be #2.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Based on what I have seen from our team so far we need to bring in up to 3 qbs this class. I like Boltmann. I think the coaches should be looking at JUCO qbs and if they can get a decent FBS transfer they should entertain that as well.  The reason is because it seems the coaches are trying to keep Studsrud healthy instead of maximizing his play making potential.  That in turn is holding back the offense. So what we need is quality QB depth. We can't wait for guys to develop, we need a couple older ones to fill the gap.  QB should be the #1 priority this class and WR should be #2.

Shouldn't Heidlebaugh be a capable back up by next season? He will be a RSo, that should be enough time to develop into a viable option. Or is he someone we will probably never see as a starter or a capable back up?

Just now, UNDMOORHEAD said:

Shouldn't Heidlebaugh be a capable back up by next season? He will be a RSo, that should be enough time to develop into a viable option. Or is he someone we will probably never see as a starter or a capable back up?

Unless his mechanics do a complete 180 from where they are now he will never be a viable QB.  He's got good physical tools but his throwing motion is Tebow like and that is not a compliment. 

10 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Still can't believe they had Mollberg switch positions.  IMO he's still probably the second best QB on the team.

I heard he had kind of checked out as far as being the guy at QB after his injury. It sucks because I still believe things had started to click for him right before his injury. He would have been great for us. It's the way things go sometimes though and that's why you need quality depth at every position. Especially QB.

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

I heard he had kind of checked out as far as being the guy at QB after his injury. It sucks because I still believe things had started to click for him right before his injury. He would have been great for us. It's the way things go sometimes though and that's why you need quality depth at every position. Especially QB.

He didn't "check out".  He came back from a potentially career ending injury and was relegated to third team QB when he returned last fall. Based on Rudolph's reported comments to one of the other players he had written Joe off by then.  Seems that was probably true cuz they wouldn't give him a chance to play when Studsrud got hurt and Bartles struggled.  He has been a good team player and worked hard to put himself in a position to get on the field.   Mollberg had the ability to make all of the throws but I don't think this staff was going accept the risk of a guy who might throw an int trying to make something out of nothing.  He had the ability to carry a team when he has time to throw,  running game is clicking and our receivers run the right routes and catch the ball.  Studsrud is much more effective in the same scenerio.  We need to start utilizing his athletic ability with run pass options, roll outs etc I think he can be better than adequate.   To Joe's credit he wanted to finish his career here.  To Bubba's credit he kept him on scholarship.  No sense pissing and moaning about what could have been cuz it is "water over the dam".  

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

He didn't "check out".  He came back from a potentially career ending injury and was relegated to third team QB when he returned last fall. Based on Rudolph's reported comments to one of the other players he had written Joe off by then.  Seems that was probably true cuz they wouldn't give him a chance to play when Studsrud got hurt and Bartles struggled.  He has been a good team player and worked hard to put himself in a position to get on the field.   Mollberg had the ability to make all of the throws but I don't think this staff was going accept the risk of a guy who might throw an int trying to make something out of nothing.  He had the ability to carry a team when he has time to throw,  running game is clicking and our receivers run the right routes and catch the ball.  Studsrud is much more effective in the same scenerio.  We need to start utilizing his athletic ability with run pass options, roll outs etc I think he can be better than adequate.   To Joe's credit he wanted to finish his career here.  To Bubba's credit he kept him on scholarship.  No sense pissing and moaning about what could have been cuz it is "water over the dam".  

Wasn't exactly pissing and moaning. I wanted Joe as our starter last year and was very vocal about it.

And with regard to recruiting we need to get more QBs with talent on Mollbergs level.  Our depth at QB is holding the team back right now.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Wasn't exactly pissing and moaning. I wanted Joe as our starter last year and was very vocal about it.

And with regard to recruiting we need to get more QBs with talent on Mollbergs level.  Our depth at QB is holding the team back right now.

Agree, I am glad we have Boltman on board, but I'd like to see another QB in this class.

17 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Jack Rashid could be a name from MN to watch. He is second in MH high school ball in yards and third in passing yards per game. Also a very capable runner, led team in rushing yards last year. 

He visited campus at the end of last season as well. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jjensen said:

Jack Rashid could be a name from MN to watch. He is second in MH high school ball in yards and third in passing yards per game. Also a very capable runner, led team in rushing yards last year. 

He visited campus at the end of last season as well. 

Honestly I prefer Roste from Alexandria based on the film.

17 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Sorry,  I was referring to myself (no sense pissing and moaning).  You were supportive of Mollberg.  

9 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Sounds like they plan to put him on the DL at nose. 

He also had an offer from South Dakota State, for those who focus on that stuff. 

Interesting. If he has the frame to get up around 300 he could be a menace. Kinda like that guy in the NFL who used to be a 260 lb RB at Texas and is now a stud DT, can't remember his name.