SiouxSports.com Forum

Dan Hammer leaving Midco

best0186

1 hour ago, 82SiouxGuy said:

Do you mean the EXHIBITION game against the Under 18 team? A glorified practice that doesn't count in any standings? You're right, that should be the most important game of the season for everyone.

What does that have to do with anything.   The game will be on television and his  commitment is to do televised UND games in Grand Forks.   Who said it was the most important game of the year?    Your getting off topic.  The fans and the players will treat it as a regular game.  They don't want to lose.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, petey23 said:

How will this shake-up affect UND football on Midco and radio? I have heard a couple rumors but aren't reliable enough to throw out here and was hoping someone had better confidence and could confirm.

Midco is looking for a replacement for Hammer. The replacement will do all of the TV games. The only way it would affect football on the radio is if Sweeney was hired for the Midco position, otherwise I believe that they plan to have him do the football games again next year on radio.

3 minutes ago, Dagger said:

What does that have to do with anything.   The game will be on television and his  commitment is to do televised UND games in Grand Forks.   Who said it was the most important game of the year?    Your getting off topic.  The fans and the players will treat it as a regular game.  They don't want to lose.

I haven't seen you complain about Boeser and Schmaltz missing the games this weekend against UAB. It would seem that their presence would be a bigger deal as the top 2 players on the team missing games that actually mean something versus the TV guy missing an exhibition game. And I didn't realize that the TV guy had any bearing on whether the team wins or loses games.

4 hours ago, 82SiouxGuy said:

Do you mean the EXHIBITION game against the Under 18 team? A glorified practice that doesn't count in any standings? You're right, that should be the most important game of the season for everyone.

either you are with us (und) or against us (ndac)....is it that hard to fine a person that bleeds green and black???

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

either you are with us (und) or against us (ndac)....is it that hard to fine a person that bleeds green and black???

Most broadcasters bleed green (cash). They root for whomever is paying the bills. Not a lot, especially in a blended market like this, can broadcast for a single school like Tim Hennessey has.

4 minutes ago, Dagger said:

My misunderstanding.    I thought it was said that Hammer was going to do the rest of the broadcasts this year.    You guys are getting way of topic.    It has nothing to do with the importance of the game.   Never mind.  Carry on.

Hammer is doing the rest of the hockey broadcasts this year, with the exception of a single exhibition game. I'm sure that was all spelled out to both KFGO and Midco when the agreements were made. Since KFGO and Midco are the ones paying Hammer, it is probably up to them rather than a couple of fans on the internet.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 82SiouxGuy said:

Most broadcasters bleed green (cash). They root for whomever is paying the bills. Not a lot, especially in a blended market like this, can broadcast for a single school like Tim Hennessey has.

Didn't hammer say that this was his "dream job"? 

5 hours ago, petey23 said:

How will this shake-up affect UND football on Midco and radio? I have heard a couple rumors but aren't reliable enough to throw out here and was hoping someone had better confidence and could confirm.

Textbook post. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, petey23 said:

I'd say at this point anything anyone hears is rash speculation at best. It's far too soon after the first event for the cascading events to be sorted out yet. 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'd say at this point anything anyone hears is rash speculation at best. It's far too soon after the first event for the cascading events to be sorted out yet. 

Wait, what?!?  You mean to tell me that UND isn't signing that exclusive contract with ESPN for the production and nationwide broadcasting of all home Fighting Hawks' games?!?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2015 at 9:45 AM, Dagger said:

Didn't Hammer say he was going to do the TV broadcasts for UND hockey the rest of the year?  Apparently he won't be doing the January 9th home game cause he says he will be in Frisco following the Bison that week.   Either you are doing the UND games or you  are not.    His commitment seems a little insincere.  In fairness maybe he is going to be there that week and come back on Saturday for the hockey game.  I guess that is possible.

Hammer is doing the game today.

This thread is ridiculous. Let's stop bashing Hammer, he really doesn't need to have any special allegiance to UND; this is his job.

Hammeter has done a great job in his time here. At this point I'm just interested in knowing who will take over for football and hockey.

• Upvote 1