SiouxSports.com Forum

Lennon

gfhockey

An important part of what you're missing is the fact that Dale didn't want to leave.

He begged Mr. Tom B. and then Mr. Phil H. to make a commitment to him and to the football program.  He would have gladly stayed here at 100K instead of going to SIU for 200K.

There's plenty of things in the last 10 years at UND to be pissed off about.  Dale Lennon isn't one of them.

Dale Lennon left in Dec. 2007.  Tom Buning was already gone by then.  Kupchella had already announced his retirement and was almost gone.  I had heard about grumblings between Dale and the administration, I get that.  But everything was changing at the time he decided to leave and the people he butted heads with were gone or would soon be gone.  I get the pay increase, not having to endure a transition, and not yet being in an auto-bid conference.  But the timing seemed odd for a feud with the administration being the primary reason for leaving.

Dale Lennon left in Dec. 2007.  Tom Buning was already gone by then.  Kupchella had already announced his retirement and was almost gone.  I had heard about grumblings between Dale and the administration, I get that.  But everything was changing at the time he decided to leave and the people he butted heads with were gone or would soon be gone.  I get the pay increase, not having to endure a transition, and not yet being in an auto-bid conference.  But the timing seemed odd for a feud with the administration being the primary reason for leaving.

The overall chaos UND was experiencing probably wasn't attractive to him.

• 5 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Player21 said:

Coach Lennon is a finalist for the UW Eau Claire Head job, per FootballScoop.com.  Other finalists are former Minnesota quarterbacks coach Jim Zebrowski, and Minnesota Duluth (D-II) offensive coordinator Dan Larson.

UW Eau Claire D-II or NAIA?

2 minutes ago, MoSiouxFan said:

What's the scholarship limit in D-III?  Or is it all academic-based and/or need-based?

Zero scholarships in the traditional sense.  Money is packaged as financial aid and grants.  I think it's some of both (financial needs and academic).  I'll let someone else chime in that will know more.  

2 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I believe it is all academic and/or need-based. There are no athletic scholarships in D-III.

2 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

Zero scholarships in the traditional sense.  Money is packaged as financial aid and grants.  I think it's some of both (financial needs and academic).  I'll let someone else chime in that will know more.  

Thanks.  I guess that makes the rebuild all the more challenging.

8 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

My experience with D-III schools is that there is extra money for kids they really want.  They package it as financial aid but more of it seems to find its way to the top athletes.

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Maybe he isn't going to UWEC???

45 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Maybe he isn't going to UWEC???

Maybe a good thing for both. I doubt Lennon would stay for long. Kind of like when Hoffner took the Minot State job only to leave before he started. I don't think Dale would of done that, but he might have regretted taking the job if something more along his liking popped up.