SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs. Minnesota in Las Vegas - October 2018

fargosioux

BU was garbage in 13-14 but came back strong the next year.  All it took was one player.

MN is the same caliber of program that can turn it around that fast.  They actually hit the fish in the barrel a few times for their future recruiting classes and while none of them will be Eichel, they won't be a cakewalk.

Regardless of opinions, I love seeing the passion back on our end.  Here's to hoping their fans reciprocate.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, keikla said:

Yep, more expensive and definitely more crowded.  Give extra time to get anywhere.  I went to Vegas for Memorial Day weekend one year.  You could barely shuffle forward on the sidewalks of the strip because of the large number of people.  I've been to Vegas many times, but I swore I'd never go on a holiday weekend again.

Can 4 days before Halloween really be considered a "holiday weekend?"

6 hours ago, burd said:

I hope I don't get crucified for getting a little academic here.   

Milton was heavily criticized for what many people thought was a overly flattering portrayal of Satan in Paradise Lost.   They thought his depiction of Satan as a powerful and dangerous being was disloyal, and they questioned his christian faith as a result.  Milton, however, felt that recognizing the immense power of Satan only underscored and glorified the power of God, who defeated him.  

I don't have any problem recognizing the quality of the gopher program because it helps to show just how good UND is and has been over the years.   And the good vs. evil thing works for me too.  :D  

Nice work!

35 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

So does that mean that we will see a lot of Gopher fans dressed up as maroon and yellow seats walking down the strip for Halloween that weekend?  Because they sure do like to disguise themselves as those at Mariucci!! :D

tumblr_mnzlgpXUVp1qm2s94o1_r1_250.gif

So then I said, "Because they sure do like to disguise themselves as those at Mariucci!!"

Absolutely floors me that a year and a half ago, the exact same stats that are being argued here as UND's dominance were argued as a reason we should get a different coach. I didn't realize national championships were that sort of miracle workers.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, snova4 said:

Absolutely floors me that a year and a half ago, the exact same stats that are being argued here as UND's dominance were argued as a reason we should get a different coach. I didn't realize national championships were that sort of miracle workers.

Sorta like a front runner who doesn't have any competition pushing him so he has to push himself.

32 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I'm confused, Cratter.  7 Frozen Four appearances under Hakstol was considered a failure, but now 1 title in 8 Frozen Four appearances makes UND the premiere hockey program in the country? 

Winning the most races since 1952 makes UND the premiere hockey program in the country. (Not sure who claims winning one in eight makes one a premiere hockey program).

It's ok to be disappointed in yourself when you don't win the race and want to keep improving to continue to be the front runner.

14 hours ago, snova4 said:

I wanted to point this out also....I figured the better thing to do was to stay out of it. Lol

Great post!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 8/2/2016 at 7:19 AM, MafiaMan said:

:lol:  Love the arbitrary math used to exclude 1948-1952 to North Dakota's benefit.

Viva Las Vegas!

Winning the most races since April 1st, 2016!

Nobody even close... especially DU who couldn't even make the championship game.  They had no reason to even make it to the frozen four with those talentless, quitters who couldn't even win the race.

Man, I came to this thread to see if I could learn anything about the Vegas game and all I see is the thread inching towards a reprise of the old "Fire Hak!" threads.

Here is the question that I'm trying to find the answer to regarding the Vegas game.  Apparently tickets go on sale to the general public next February 10.  I also saw that the Champions Club members are going to get first shot at some seats allocated to North Dakota.  I think they have the month from January 9 through February 9 to make those purchases.  In the same press release I think it said that a "limited" number of seats will be given to the U of M for its fans as well.  Does UND, as the apparent "host" school for this game, get access to a larger percentage of seats available to the Champions Club members than Minnesota will get?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SJHovey said:

Man, I came to this thread to see if I could learn anything about the Vegas game and all I see is the thread inching towards a reprise of the old "Fire Hak!" threads.

Here is the question that I'm trying to find the answer to regarding the Vegas game.  Apparently tickets go on sale to the general public next February 10.  I also saw that the Champions Club members are going to get first shot at some seats allocated to North Dakota.  I think they have the month from January 9 through February 9 to make those purchases.  In the same press release I think it said that a "limited" number of seats will be given to the U of M for its fans as well.  Does UND, as the apparent "host" school for this game, get access to a larger percentage of seats available to the Champions Club members than Minnesota will get?

I was also wondering if we will be limited as far as the number of tickets we can purchase on Feb.10.