SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs. Minnesota in Las Vegas - October 2018

fargosioux

Seems weird to me, Gopher fans are ripping this idea on the Star Tribune article and here the UND fans are making plans to be there.

Looks like Seattle for the UND/Huskies football game on Labor Day weekend in 2018 and Las Vegas for UND/Gopher hockey the next month.  I better start saving up!

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, George M. Bluth said:

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-hockey-heading-to-las-vegas-will-face-rival-north-dakota/388405241/

" The university announcement said tickets will be available “exclusively to Gopher fans. "

What the?!?

Same sort of deal that UND fans are getting letting Champions Club members get tickets before they go on sale to the general public.  They are reserving a small amount of tickets for Gopher fans to get tickets.  

39 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Same sort of deal that UND fans are getting letting Champions Club members get tickets before they go on sale to the general public.  They are reserving a small amount of tickets for Gopher fans to get tickets.  

Correct. UND is the host school and will have a much larger allotment than UM will have.

The Strib, in its infinite wisdom, cut the quote short. The wording in UM's release states: "The University of Minnesota will be provided with a limited number of tickets for the 2018 U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame Game to sell exclusively to Gopher fans." which is has quite a bit different meaning than what they put in their article: "The university announcement said tickets will be available "exclusively to Gopher fans.""

1 hour ago, nodak651 said:

LOL saw this quote from Faison in a news article:

Faison said he’s already getting calls from fans wanting tickets and hotel rooms.

“Fan are calling us about suites,” he said. “That’s how we roll."

http://m.reviewjournal.com/sports/hockey/north-dakota-minnesota-bring-hockey-rivalry-las-vegas

The UND suite will be fully stocked with booze, celebrities, and Vegas showgirls.

#thatshowweroll

The right advertising to all Alumni from both schools & to current Fans & with enough time in advance for people to plan a vacation to Vegas this will be the an EPIC EVENT to attend

I don't think anyone who has heard about this didn't say to themselves at least  - Man I'd  Love to go to that

What a Fantastic Xmas gift

What a great way / place to have a Family / & or Friend reunion

16 minutes ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

This will undoubtedly be a big game, but will it be a big game because of nostalgia or because of competitive play?

That made me think

I basically Hate the Goofs 

& hope we embarras them 20 -0

But if it's a good game that's good if we win

If not I'll continue to hate them even more

So it will be of interest to me because of the rivalry & Location - In fact if it was in Minn I'd rather stay home & watch on tv

2 minutes ago, Fetch said:

That made me think

I basically Hate the Goofs 

& hope we embarras them 20 -0

But if it's a good game that's good if we win

If not I'll continue to hate them even more

So it will be of interest to me because of the rivalry & Location - In fact if it was in Minn I'd rather stay home & watch on tv

If we do embarrass the Goofs it would probably be a blessing in disguise. It might make the Gopher athletic department have a reality check and start taking the steps they need to take to restore their hockey program.