SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs. Minnesota in Las Vegas - October 2018

fargosioux

10 hours ago, Ice Arena Man said:

Was at a  Super Bowl party this evening a person who thinks he is a goofer hockey fan. Used some foul language towards me when I told him the 2018 goofer vs FIGHTING SIOUX  game in Vegas was going to be  a sellout.:lol: I kind of rubbed it in his face when I told him I had already purchased 2 tickets and he would not be the person going to the game with me. He argued that no way would FIGHTING SIOUX FANS sell out the arena. I then told him the arena held about 6000 people and 90 % would be Sioux fans. He swore at me again and I told him we would see who is right when he is at home watching it on TV.:D

According to Wiki, the Orleans Arena holds 7773 for ice hockey.

3 minutes ago, Sodbuster said:

My wife and I were hoping to purchase 4 tickets Friday so we could meet her brother and his wife from Prescott Valley, AZ there and attend the game together, but if all we can get is scattered tickets (if that) I guess we'll forget it.

Well if UND's allotment was 5000, and it seats 7773, then there should be 2700+ tickets for sale on ticketmaster because I don't think any are set aside for the gophers. 

56 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

From what I was told, I think that number is high for UM's allotment by a fair amount. Looking at the map early in the process, there appeared to be two or three small sections carved out with pretty much the rest available. My guess is there will be a very limited amount left for the public sale.

You are right.  Minnesota stated over the weekend they received no tickets.  So my info is way off and I deleted my posts.

2 minutes ago, lawkota said:

You are right.  Minnesota stated over the weekend they received no tickets.  So my info is way off and I deleted my posts.

Interesting. I'm positive that they got some, though not many. Maybe they meant they didn't receive any that will be released to the public (just team/family/huge donors).

I guess that I am a little disappointed that this game won't have more Minnesota fans.  I know that sounds crazy, but I think it would make for a great atmosphere.  Don't get me wrong, having over 7000 passionate UND fans is going to be pretty crazy.  But it would be great to have a few more Gopher fans to interact with during the weekend and at the game.  

That being said, Having a raucous crowd in full support of UND 1500 miles from their home arena is going to be an amazing experience. 

2 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I guess that I am a little disappointed that this game won't have more Minnesota fans.  I know that sounds crazy, but I think it would make for a great atmosphere.  Don't get me wrong, having over 7000 passionate UND fans is going to be pretty crazy.  But it would be great to have a few more Gopher fans to interact with during the weekend and at the game.  

That being said, Having a raucous crowd in full support of UND 1500 miles from their home arena is going to be an amazing experience. 

Im perfectly fine with zero rodent fans and 7500 Sioux fans.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

23 hours ago, lawkota said:

Gophers don't use seats--they have little holes they poke their toothy heads out of when the first period is half over and disappear again after the third is half done.  What they do down in those holes is not something I need to know, particularly if it has anything to do with procreation.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

How does one prepare for such an event?  It seems as though this is the near perfect confluence of factors:  Vegas, hockey, Sioux, Gophers, alcohol, weekend.  New York was special, if even a bit regal.  Whereas, the presence of the filthy rodent, in a town known for sin, just seems like trouble is in the making.

Oh the stories we will tell, our children will tell to theirs.  It is going to be epic.

taz

• Upvote 3

On 2/6/2017 at 11:18 AM, jdub27 said:

Interesting. I'm positive that they got some, though not many. Maybe they meant they didn't receive any that will be released to the public (just team/family/huge donors).

**SENT TO A SEASON TICKET HOLDER**

The Gopher Men’s Hockey team is excited to take part in the 2018 U.S Hockey Hall of Fame Game against the University of North Dakota. The game is scheduled for October 27, 2018and will be played at Orleans Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

The University of Minnesota will not have tickets to sell to this game as it is classified as a home game for the University of North Dakota.

Tickets for this game will go on sale through Ticketmaster on Friday, February 10 at 1:00pm CST. For more information on this event, please visit vegas18.com.

Thank you and Go Gophers!

43 minutes ago, I Ranger said:

So I've seen 1:00 CST and 2:00 CST and someone just told me 10:00? The site shows 12:00 PST which is 2:00 CST. Anyone know for sure the time?

https://ndchampionsclub.com/las-vegas-presale-info?srctid=1&erid=208185&trid=2c226f63-3441-4ba4-b500-580cc5d04adc

"General Public On-Sale: Remaining unsold tickets will be made available to the general public (including NDCC members and all others) on Friday, February 10, 2017 at 2:00 pm CST for the GENERAL PUBLIC ON-SALE. The ticket price for all seats offered during the public on-sale will be $99.00, plus applicable ticketing fees"