SiouxSports.com Forum

Olivera and Santiago

geaux_sioux

Paper said something like slash and bash or dash and smash. Nickname or not if both work hard, do what their coaches tell them and stay injury free have a chance to do some special things.

Kid coming in from Wisconsin looks really good too and we have Nevermann and Smith. Smith should move to WR or even safety as we need more playmakers there anyways and he is a special athlete too.

Paper said something like slash and bash or dash and smash. Nickname or not if both work hard, do what their coaches tell them and stay injury free have a chance to do some special things.

Kid coming in from Wisconsin looks really good too and we have Nevermann and Smith. Smith should move to WR or even safety as we need more playmakers there anyways and he is a special athlete too.

Iwarri just isn't creative enough to be a running back. His skills can be better utilized elsewhere.

Nickname or not these two kids are spectacular. Best part is they're good character types. Santiago is the best back we've had since Chappell. Not quite as fast but probably quicker. And Olivera is maybe my second favorite player. He runs like a Molson is duct taped to the goal posts. I hope we feel this way about our WRs after next season.

• Upvote 1

Nickname or not these two kids are spectacular. Best part is they're good character types. Santiago is the best back we've had since Chappell. Not quite as fast but probably quicker. And Olivera is maybe my second favorite player. He runs like a Molson is duct taped to the goal posts. I hope we feel this way about our WRs after next season.

I don't know, the way Santiago can turn a corner and outrun safeties with angles, he might be at least as fast as Chappell. 

• Upvote 1

like a Molson is duct taped to the goal posts.  Classic!!!

• Upvote 2

Fun to chat about and like that we have something positive to go back and forth with.

Any history to this  - when was the last time the backfield on our football team had a nickname that was well-known? Just thinking that if indeed we get what we want - depth - there will be plenty of times they won't be in the backfield together. 

Fun to chat about and like that we have something positive to go back and forth with.

Any history to this  - when was the last time the backfield on the football team had a nickname that was well-known? Just thinking that if indeed we get what we want - depth - there will be plenty of times they won't be in the backfield together. 

http://www.footballnation.com/content/the-top-10-coolest-nicknames-for-offenses-nfl-history/33608/

Check him out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTn_RSlAM2M

Also #5 Oliviera had a great game and is also a frosh.

Not a very well put together highlight video. You'd think Oliveira had more yards than Santiago (not saying Oliveira didn't play really well, he did). Not sure why they cut Santiago's first touchdown and then showed a bunch of random extra MSU offensive plays. 

From what i keep hearing this Santiago kid is a complete stud.  That correct?

Yes.

Both Santiago and Olivera, as a 1-2 punch, are the real deal. 

UND's focus will be on them for the next few seasons. In the meantime, UND needs to continue to expand their passing game. Clive Georges is healthy for the first time since week 1, which apparently may give this passing game a shot in the arm. 

Not a very well put together highlight video. You'd think Oliveira had more yards than Santiago (not saying Oliveira didn't play really well, he did). Not sure why they cut Santiago's first touchdown and then showed a bunch of random extra MSU offensive plays. 

I quickly noticed that as well. At first glance it appeared Oliveira had a better game. 

I quickly noticed that as well. At first glance it appeared Oliveira had a better game. 

Everyone is already so used to Santiago running wild, they aren't even considered highlights anymore. Wanted people to see something different for a change so they showcased Oliveira in the package.

Everyone is already so used to Santiago running wild, they aren't even considered highlights anymore. Wanted people to see something different for a change so they showcased Oliveira in the package.

That works too. I didn't have a problem with it, rather just noticed they cut some of him out. No biggy.