SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. BADgers

AZSIOUX

It sucks, but I can't say he doesn't deserve it.  It was a dangerous and needless hit.  He could have made a big hit without leaving his feet.

Similar hit as the Duluth player that got suspended for a game.  Consistency, that is what we ask for all the time.  I think this is a case where they are being consistent, so I have no problem with it.  

Edited by tnt

We'll be there Saturday night.  Managed to get some tickets from my wife's family who can't go.   This is an expensive ticket right now.  Pumped for this game.   Went to the Wisco games last year in Madison and I think we beat them 5-1 on Saturday..  It wasn't even that close though...

I re-watched it on nchc.tv today. Happens about the 1:19:11 mark. Drake left his feet in order to make contact, and contacted the head with his bicep. He earned the extra rest.

If I remember right, didn't he just miss a chance right before that or something? I think some frustration caused him to do a boneheaded thing.

If I remember right, didn't he just miss a chance right before that or something? I think some frustration caused him to do a boneheaded thing.

yes, he had the puck taken from him shortly after he crossed the blue line into the offensive zone.  The guy he creamed is the one who stole the puck from him, so I definitely think frustration played a role.

I was watching on NCHCtv during the game, so I replayed the hit several times then to see if I thought it warranted the major.  

I actually gave Drake slack after the LSSU hit, because he was lined up with the shoulder, and the LSSU player turned his back to Drake at the laSt second. But this contact to the head penalty was just dumb.

Honestly, I think this sets up as a trap game for us this weekend, especially Friday.  Wisconsin has nothing to lose.  First time in a long time they'll play in front of anything resembling a decent crowd.

I'm a little worried that our extraordinarily weak schedule to date has created a bit of a paper tiger.  Our defensemen are going to have to be especially good, not only in their own zone, but offensively as well, methinks.