SiouxSports.com Forum

50% to win, or there will be a runoff between 2...

Hayduke

Talked to a former UND grad today, good friend, and I asked him who he was voting for this time around...He said, "i'm not going to play their game so screw'em"....whatever name eventually wins is definitely tainted by the fact that simply 'North Dakota' was left off the ballot.  This whole process has divided us and that is sad...

But he voted the first time? 

Why is it so important to have a "majority" election winner?  Can anyone explain?

So they can pronounce the new name as popular as over half the people were in favor of it while ignoring the fact that the new name will actually be endorsed by about 19-20% and to get that high they had to go through 2 or 3 eliminations.

• Upvote 1

So they can pronounce the new name as popular as over half the people were in favor of it while ignoring the fact that the new name will actually be endorsed by about 19-20% and to get that high they had to go through 2 or 3 eliminations.

Yeah that's all I can come up with too.

My pre-vote predication:

We will be using a 3rd vote:

Nodaks will be the leading vote-getter

It will be a run-off between Nodaks and Roughriders

Bold prediction. Just curious why you think support for Fighting Hawks going to fall off that much? Students becoming apathetic about it and the process?

Bold prediction. Just curious why you think support for Fighting Hawks going to fall off that much? Students becoming apathetic about it and the process?

I think the Dakota Student article and the subsequent passing across social media changed some minds...

The first weekend before the vote and the week during I saw a ton of fighting hawks posts.  Now... mostly Nodaks. 

I think the Dakota Student article and the subsequent passing across social media changed some minds...

The first weekend before the vote and the week during I saw a ton of fighting hawks posts.  Now... mostly Nodaks. 

Kelley likes Fighting Hawks.

Students hate Kelley.

Students vote against Fighting Hawks and in favor of Nodaks or Roughriders.

• Upvote 1

because Geno Crandell came out as saying "this shouldn't so hard...north Dakota is the roughrider state!"  students love geno....

Here's one I found

image.png

Question: How does this person have "three votes"?

I have multiple UND degrees, season tickets, and I'm a donor. (I've said I should get four votes.) 

How can this person claim "three" unless they've taken two from others? 

Question: How does this person have "three votes"?

I have multiple UND degrees, season tickets, and I'm a donor. (I've said I should get four votes.) 

How can this person claim "three" unless they've taken two from others? 

An alum, spouse and a child who may be a current UND student.  Or a UND Alum whose parents are also alums.  Not too difficult to come up with various scenarios...I had two, myself and my dads who didn't care to vote.

Edited by dmksioux

So you have people selling votes and others using the votes of disinterested friends/relatives...I'm real excited for the outcome of a flawed process that a majority of stakeholders refuse to take the time to choose one of 3 decidedly bad  nicknames.  Should be real representative of this entire clusterf***.

• Upvote 1

Haven't seen from your posts where you are in favor of anything, just against, so in your case yes. 

True I am more against than for, but aren't most of us?  There's not much left here to support.  My objection is with the self-congratulations for being the only ones "for" something instead of against while simultaneously dominating the NoDak thread with attack-ad style criticism.

• Upvote 1