SiouxSports.com Forum

On To The Griz

geaux_sioux

Has anybody heard if the Champions Club is a get together before the game if so where?   I will be there and want to get together with a bunch of UND fans.

None scheduled. We'll be driving over from great falls saturday morning, not sure when we'll arrive. Maybe some Griz tailgating?

Edited by sprig

None scheduled. We'll be driving over from grand great falls saturday morning, not sure when we'll arrive. Maybe some Griz tailgating?

I'm arriving Thursday night.  Spending a few days.  Nice part I'm staying in the Double Tree and can walk to the game.  I'm think Griz tailgating is the plan.

I'm arriving Thursday night.  Spending a few days.  Nice part I'm staying in the Double Tree and can walk to the game.  I'm think Griz tailgating is the plan.

Hit the taco truck on the north side of the stadium...........delicious!

We'll be driving to great falls on Friday, probably catch you somewhere at tailgating (or the taco truck)

Edited by sprig

In case anyone forgot, last years game was a classic with two offensively hamstrung teams beating up on each other.

Watch this clip. This is what the coaches from Northern Illinois, NDSU, Minnesota, and Iowa saw in Mollberg. He can put the ball into tight spots and he can make plays under pressure. This is how he was playing when he got hurt. He can be a difference maker but he was still developing. We should have gone ahead with the FG.  You don't need to be from DL to see why some want to know why when Studsrud is hurt and Bartels struggles they leave him on the bench. 

• Upvote 3

Watch this clip. This is what the coaches from Northern Illinois, NDSU, Minnesota, and Iowa saw in Mollberg. He can put the ball into tight spots and he can make plays under pressure. This is how he was playing when he got hurt. He can be a difference maker but he was still developing. We should have gone ahead with the FG.  You don't need to be from DL to see why some want to know why when Studsrud is hurt and Bartels struggles they leave him on the bench. 

You would know more than any of us, is Joe healthy?  Could he play tomorrow?  ( I realize he didn't get practice time at the #1 this week)

You would know more than any of us, is Joe healthy?  Could he play tomorrow?  ( I realize he didn't get practice time at the #1 this week)

Did he get any practice time this week?  Joe is healthy and can play tomorrow. He has been ready every week.  He hasn't been given much of a chance. He doesn't get reps in practice.  I haven't spoken to him since early last summer.  He has been very supportive of Bubba. People in GF close to the program who aren't afraid of offending the GOBC related he has been relegated to third team from the beginning of fall camp. I would hope he gets some reps in practice now with Studsrud hurt. Unfortunately the decision apparently is Rudolph's.  I find it hard to believe Bubba would do this to a kid who was developing as Joe was and got hurt playing Sioux FB.  I also find it strange that the coaches don't even discuss Joe as being in the mix. When Bubba was asked about Joe by the media, he avoided the question. This is the first time in the 45 years I have been associated with Sioux  football they have done this to a guy. Gene Murphy is probably rolling over in his grave.  Joe doesn't use drugs, he is an academic all conference and had a 4.0 last semester.  He doesn't beat women (his girlfriend is the daughter of a Sioux FB All American). They treated the kids who had grade problems, legal problems and drug issues better than this.  We should be winning FB games.

• Upvote 3

Did he get any practice time this week?  Joe is healthy and can play tomorrow. He has been ready every week.  He hasn't been given much of a chance. He doesn't get reps in practice.  I haven't spoken to him since early last summer.  He has been very supportive of Bubba. People in GF close to the program who aren't afraid of offending the GOBC related he has been relegated to third team from the beginning of fall camp. I would hope he gets some reps in practice now with Studsrud hurt. Unfortunately the decision apparently is Rudolph's.  I find it hard to believe Bubba would do this to a kid who was developing as Joe was and got hurt playing Sioux FB.  I also find it strange that the coaches don't even discuss Joe as being in the mix. When Bubba was asked about Joe by the media, he avoided the question. This is the first time in the 45 years I have been associated with Sioux  football they have done this to a guy. Gene Murphy is probably rolling over in his grave.  Joe doesn't use drugs, he is an academic all conference and had a 4.0 last semester.  He doesn't beat women (his girlfriend is the daughter of a Sioux FB All American). They treated the kids who had grade problems, legal problems and drug issues better than this.  We should be winning FB games.

All that should probably tell you something about what's going on with Joe both mentally and physically.  Bubba isn't purposely not playing his best players.  They are rail thin to begin with.   

I don't always agree with you but you always seem to have good info and an interesting insight.  I totally agree with this post, however.  If this is how they treat good, loyal kids it will come back to bite them.  At this point it is purely ridiculous that Joe isn't getting a shot.  I have never been impressed with Rudolf and firmly believe Joe is getting hosed for some unknown reason.  Implying that Bubba would never do this because he is Bubba is pure circular nonsense.  He is allowing Rudolf to do this.  In my opinion, Joe played himself into the starter position before he got hurt and has not been given a chance since.  Doesn't speak well of our program.  

• Upvote 4

I don't always agree with you but you always seem to have good info and an interesting insight.  I totally agree with this post, however.  If this is how they treat good, loyal kids it will come back to bite them.  At this point it is purely ridiculous that Joe isn't getting a shot.  I have never been impressed with Rudolf and firmly believe Joe is getting hosed for some unknown reason.  Implying that Bubba would never do this because he is Bubba is pure circular nonsense.  He is allowing Rudolf to do this.  In my opinion, Joe played himself into the starter position before he got hurt and has not been given a chance since.  Doesn't speak well of our program.  

I have major concerns with Rudolph and the offense. I think Coach Schmidt does a tremendous job with the defense considering the depth issues yet present from Mussman's regime, but Rudolph leaves much more to be desired. 

• Upvote 1

Pretty hard for me to speculate as to why Bartels is ahead of Mollberg on the depth chart since I'm not close to the program and don't go to the practices to see what is going on.  Maybe Bubba just feels it's best to stick with one guy rather than going back and forth and having a player on a short leash.  Let's be honest, Mollberg was the starter when the 2014 season began, and he was pretty awful in the first 4 games.  In fact I'm pretty sure a lot of people were clamoring for Bartels halfway through the Missouri St. game last year.  The staff had to be pretty loyal and patient with Mollberg then and his play was pretty unimpressive until Big Sky play started.  They have been pretty patient with Studsrud too.  They were winning while he was in there so it was easier to overlook his shortcomings.  Maybe that is what they are doing with Bartels now.

Mollberg seems a little injury prone too.  Read or saw something recently that he was a little dinged up in fall camp, unrelated to the Achilles.  Of course he had the unfortunate Achilles injury last season.  Didn't he have a bad wheel or something coming out of high school too, and that was part of why some of the FBS schools passed on him?