SiouxSports.com Forum

On To The Griz

geaux_sioux

lol probably. I don't expect this team to make the playoffs, given where they are right now. But I'm also not ready to give up on them, based on two terrible quarters.

Actually, the two terrible quarters are just in the last two weeks.  We have 4 games in which we played horrid 4th quarters - Drake, NDSU, Idaho, and Weber.  What frustrates me is that we don't appear to have learned a single thing from any of them.  We have been consistently out-adjusted.  When teams stack the box we have no comeback or plan - we have a good QB on the bench who deserves a shot and couldn't play much worse.  I understand the idea of Bubba Ball, but it only works if you have the horses.  Coaches seem to have a square peg-round hole mentality.  There is a fine line between staying the course and being stubborn.  

• Upvote 2

Do we know for a fact that Joe is 100%? I agree with the position that this offense was build around a running quarterback - before the season started our #1 receiver from last year was a walk-on. We don't have many weapons for a passing game right now and teams know they don't need a running game to beat us. 

• Upvote 2

I'm pumped for this game because Montana is actually beatable with their injuries. This game will show us how we compete when both teams have an injured lineup. 

I really don't care who UND plays because even the backups need this big time experience if we want to be good in the future.  I would love beating Montana with a bunch of our backups. 

I think this game will be good for our team to really focus and prepare to get better. I don't wanna talk about playoffs because we are not ready but if we can make this kind of run next year we will be a contender. I just wanna see us play better win or lose this week no matter who is playing. Let's focus like its Wyoming all over again!

If I were to pick to be 2-2 against Montana Montana state Wyoming and NDSU or be 6-1 this year I would pick the big wins over it all. We need to gain some respect and my pick could still happen this year. So much confidence can come from these next games. Maybe it will tell us to show up every week like it is Wyoming . 

Roll Daks!!!

I say give Mollberg a look if Studsrud can't go. Bartels is 0-2 and with a possible beatdown looming this weekend, might as well see what Joe can do for Bubba's team.

I agree. If Studsrud was ready, he should be in. I think Bartels and Mollbers are somewhat interchangable, but give what we have seen in the past I still give Joe the edge. I think Bartels has shown just how limited he is. I think he has a good strong arm, and every once in a while will hit the deep ball; but this offense does not, and can not, live on the deep pass. I just think we have seen what he has and Joe would give us a better chance to win.