SiouxSports.com Forum

GDT: UND at PSU

geaux_sioux

Reyes and who else is hurt and how bad?

Great to watch it though, but didn't see the first half.

S Cole Reyes, LB Taj Rich, LB Dayo Idowu, and RB Iwarri Smith are some that come to mind. There are more though. This was a tough game in terms of injuries. Next weekend's Homecoming game against Idaho State will be tougher because of it. 

EDIT: I missed Brandon Anderson, as he was injured during the flea-flicker play. His absence on the offensive line would be a bad situation. 

I can certainly understand the displeasure with the playcall on the flea-flicker and ultimate horrible decision by studsrud to throw it, but that 3rd down call on the Studsrud boot was fantastic.

Studsrud still needs to improve.

Great win!!

Edited by UNDvince97-01
  • Upvote 2

Rich looks like he blew out his knee or something.  Didn't see him get hit either.  

Should have been a 14-17 point victory.  UND definitely seemed to be the better team by a long shot.

I agree completely. Team played sloppy and the injuries only compounded everything. The injury situation will get more attention than the 4-1 start I'm afraid. I do expect UND to crack the top 25, but the injury situation may dictate whether or not they can maintain that ranking. 

disagree.  Eat it in that situation 

My point is that shouldn't even be on our play sheet right now... Our OC needs to know not to call that play...

Regardless... Both were very poor decisions (the decision to throw it, and the play call itself) 

My point is that shouldn't even be on our play sheet right now... Our OC needs to know not to call that play...

Regardless... Both were very poor decisions (the decision to throw it, and the play call itself) 

If it was Georges, who has some speed, I would have been much more comfortable with it.  All away around it was bad.

But... it didn't end up costing the game for the squad.

Rudolph has 4-5 plays a game where I am wondering if he was just playing to much Madden before the game. Just massive brainfarts and the worst possible times

I do agree with that, he got way too cute on the 3rd and short plays and the flea flicker.

But... the naked bootleg was a thing of beauty.

• Upvote 1

Well we showed our youth at times today, but that is to be expected.  Still we overcame that and injuries for a nice road win.  Next two games should be very winnable and set us up for the tough stretch run.  As has been said, really hoping injuries don't derail us, I know every team has them but they really seem to be piling up and for a young team that is a killer.

• Upvote 1

After reading this thread I almost feel like I must have watched a different game.  I thought the play calling was good, and you always have some questions with play calling because sometimes they call plays in order to set something  up later in the game if it is needed.   That last drive was great and Studsrud still has some work to do but this was a very good game for him.  He was much more decisive and made a lot of plays with his feet. 

• Upvote 1

I'm really concerned if Reyes and Rich are out awhile. I'm not worried about O'Brien in the middle but who is behind him and Ratelle... no one that has played to my knowledge. At Safety we'd be down to Johnson James and Olson.....very scary with some of the passing teams we have coming up. Can Harris moved to safety if needed, and then we can rotate  Carter Carter and Irvin Sills at CB? Harris might be the best option at S if Reyes is out long term. 

Defense is a huge concern without those two and that's not even mentioning Iduwo Greely and Arnell. Reyes is the biggest by far, he cleans up so much stuff. Love James and Olson on special teams but they make me nervous vs. big sky WR for an extended period of time.

I'm really concerned if Reyes and Rich are out awhile. I'm not worried about O'Brien in the middle but who is behind him and Ratelle... no one that has played to my knowledge. At Safety we'd be down to Johnson James and Olson.....very scary with some of the passing teams we have coming up. Can Harris moved to safety if needed, and then we can rotate  Carter Carter and Irvin Sills at CB? Harris might be the best option at S if Reyes is out long term. 

Defense is a huge concern without those two and that's not even mentioning Iduwo Greely and Arnell. Reyes is the biggest by far, he cleans up so much stuff. Love James and Olson on special teams but they make me nervous vs. big sky WR for an extended period of time.

We have a deep enough LB core to survive those injuries, but Reyes has to play. We have no one that can replace what he does as the centerfielder of the defense.

• Upvote 2