SiouxSports.com Forum

NoiseInsideMyHead

I think you're overly concerned with what Minnesotans think. By the way there are stupid, hick Minnesotans too and some, I assume, are good people. It should be noted also that regardless of the name on our jersey's we'll still be chalking up W after W. We're going to have such a strong athletic program that nobody will mess with us.  We are going to have so much winning you may get bored with winning. Let's make UND great again.

#MasterofReferences

as a hick minnesotan i resent that :p

Nodak = SLUR, that's all you need to know.

I don't believe so.  Born and raised in ND and have used that term for my buds many times over.  It's a slur now because some of you don't like it. North Stars is my favorite but it's not winning so I'm on the Nodak bandwagon.  Anything but Fighting Hawks and Sundogs however.

Edited by scpa0305

I don't believe so.  Born and raised in ND and have used that term for my buds many times over.  It's a slur now because some of you don't like it.

You got it backwards....I don't like it because it is a slur.:)

Also it's not much of a nickname. (IMHO)

• Upvote 1

It isn't everyone but as I stated earlier, the comments make it pretty obvious to anyone who reads them.

Just like I've discovered that may who want UND's #newnickname to be Fighting Hawks think it's 2nd best to staying Fighting Sioux.  Voters have five options and many of them have a reason for the name they're selecting.  What a profound concept!

I don't believe so.  Born and raised in ND and have used that term for my buds many times over.  It's a slur now because some of you don't like it. North Stars is my favorite but it's not winning so I'm on the Nodak bandwagon.  Anything but Fighting Hawks and Sundogs however.

I was also born and raised in North Dakota. Not once have I heard someone from North Dakota call another North Dakotan or themselves a Nodak. Sounds like you might be trying to hard to fit in with your Gopher buddies.

• Upvote 2

I was also born and raised in North Dakota. Not once have I heard someone from North Dakota call another North Dakotan or themselves a Nodak. Sounds like you might be trying to hard to fit in with your Gopher buddies.

Huh?  I'm from GF and we use that term a lot.  Be classy bud.

Edited by scpa0305

Spread your shyt on every thread sic. 

Scare tactic everyone, him and his buddies have been doing every time their choice is threatened! Boy is it threatened now!

Go Fighting Nodaks!!

That cartoon was the prime editorial cartoon in Sunday's Fargo Forum.

That's not a scare tactic by me; the Forum is putting that out there; that is reality, and not of my doing. 

Please save your vitriol for them. 

• Upvote 1

That cartoon was the prime editorial cartoon in Sunday's Fargo Forum.

That's not a scare tactic by me; the Forum is putting that out there; that is reality, and not of my doing. 

Please save your vitriol for them. 

Tell ya what, if Nodaks wins I bet you $100 that will not be the logo. You in? Mafia Man knows how to get a hold of me.Everyone on here is the witness.

Put your money where your mouth is!

• Upvote 2

Did I say that's what the logo would be? No.

That's how the Fargo Forum perceives what a "Nodak" is. The largest newspaper in the state perceives the word "Nodak" to be a bibs wearin' hick. 

So keep your money, or bet the Forum editorial board (as it's their work), and quit shooting messengers. 

Edited by The Sicatoka

That's how the Fargo Forum perceives what a "Nodak" is. The largest newspaper in the state perceives the word "Nodak" to be a bibs wearin' hick. 

So keep your money, and quit shooting messengers. 

But the largest newspaper in the state perceives the word "North Stars" to be some sort of angelic figure that apparently just came up with a really great idea.  We shouldn't let one Sunday editorial cartoon dictate UND'S new nickname.

So keep your money, or bet the Forum editorial board (as it's their work), and quit shooting messengers. 

The fargo forum didnt post it on SS.com in a couple threads. There are people contemplating Nodaks and to see your innocent post, that would never make them choose different because we might be portrayed as a hik with the logo. That's not what you were trying to do at all was it?

Lol, ok, I'm sorry. Your intentions were to just fill us with info. my bad...lol.