SiouxSports.com Forum

GDT: Drake

geaux_sioux

A win, but yet an awful game. UND can be a good team when they don't commit mistakes (see Wyoming game); however, tonight UND was full of mistakes. Way too many fumbles. Those are basic mistakes that killed the 2nd half. Also, the offensive line looked childish. What happened from Week 1 to Week 2? No way Wyoming and Drake are comparable. 

Also, the defense's dropped interceptions were missed opportunities that hurt. All in all, though, the offense was the major source of the issues.

Despite last week's win vs Wyoming, Rudolph may be partly to blame. Some of the formations and plays he calls on certain situations (3rd and long, backed up on the 1 yard line, etc.) are questionable at best. 

Today I learned that Bubba Ball only works if your O line comes out of the locker room at half time.  Otherwise it looks almost unwatchable, especially given the "exciting" play calling.  We have some serious work to do before next week.  A sad Potato Bowl performance.

Today I learned that Bubba Ball only works if your O line comes out of the locker room at half time.  Otherwise it looks almost unwatchable, especially given the "exciting" play calling.  We have some serious work to do before next week.  A sad Potato Bowl performance.

Offensive line looked poor, but how many offensive rushing opportunities were turned down in order to pass? Running game wasn't established this evening for more than one reason. 

All disappointing. 

I judt got back from Laramie.  

Bohl is playing a lot of freshmen...lost the second string qb...Yarborough,  the stud d lineman was hurt, but played.  Basically, they stink. 

Glad UND got the win, but that is one bad team.  Probably a better team later in the season. 

Glad  we got the win over Drake.  Hope the boys are ready for FU next week!

Best case scenario is that the coaches and players treat this game like a loss, and really get after it this week.  I never thought we were going to lose the game, but I was nervous the entire second half.  I could see the writing on the wall that the defense wasn't going to be able to hold forever. 

Is it even possible for Verizon's signal at the Alerus to have gotten worse?  Ugh.

Does anyone use the Alerus wifi?  I see it password protected, so it that password available?  I wanted to follow this thread while sitting at the game, but there's no way my cell service would allow it.  Was that the reason for the lack of posts?  last week, I followed the entire game on the GDT, complete with (nearly) down by down coverage.  Maybe also 'cause it was on TV that posters didn't feel the need to update all the time.

That was ugly. Complete 180 of what I watched last weekend. I feel that next weekend will be rough. 

You shoud have seen what I s aw of the Pokes today.  They handed Eastern Michign a 38-7 lead at half and gave EMU their first out of conference road victory since 1988.  It was brutal. 

UND better keep the turnovers at about zero to have any chance against FU. 

Just got home from the game and by the way our defense played we should have killed them, the offense almost lost the game for us. That was pathetic, overthrows, can't run the ball, fumbling at the one inch line and botched snaps. Play like that against NDSU and our defense isn't going to hold them off for very long.  Bubba better do an ass kicking to the offense in practice and make sure everyone's head is in the game and not looking ahead.

Can't remember who said it on this website but they said "the Sioux stuff is fading already in every sport except hockeyhockey, the hockey only people can kling on to it" . Well did anyone catch that national anthem at the FB game? The lets go Sioux chant is spine tingling...awesome!

Yep, but after halftime I heard very little of anything.  Then I thought to myself, maybe the comment of Sioux chants dwindling isn't really based on the fact that people don't use them anymore at non-hockey events due to wanting to move on.  I think it might have to do more with the fact that most of the non-hockey events give the fans very little to cheer for.  This was my first football game I attended for a couple of years.  Unless things change it might be awhile for me to go back.  The second half was unbearable to watch.  The defense was good, the offensive was predictable and awful.  Silver lining is that this performance will probably save me a couple hundred bucks on a ticket to next weeks blood bath.

How many times does a freshman rb have to fumble in a game before he is benched for the remainder of a game?  Seems like the answer might be 4 for this coaching staff.

Attendance:  9865

If we want to keep them, especially the students, we have to put a much better product on the field.  The second half was brutal and students won't stay for that.  Actually, I have had my fill of unwatchable football myself.  We seem to have had a regular diet of it the last decade.  

Does anyone think the playbook and scheme offensively was limited and a little boring for a reason?  I will answer this, "yes" it was.  The issue I have is our base stuff should have been enough to put Drake away, but it wasn't.

Overall, we were sloppy and it was getting painful to watch.  UND has a lot to prove next week, not much to lose.  I expect a different looking team.

At RB, Arrignton was least impressive, he doesn't seem to have what it takes.

We will miss Clive at WR, no doubt.

• Upvote 2

If we want to keep them, especially the students, we have to put a much better product on the field.  The second half was brutal and students won't stay for that.  Actually, I have had my fill of unwatchable football myself.  We seem to have had a regular diet of it the last decade.  

Brutal is an understatement.

It felt like the Bobbie Mo game all over again in the 2nd half.  My god that went from semi-respectable to Monty Python in a hurry. 

Watched the post-game presser... the football team is in for a long... long... long... week. 

At the end of the day, I just need to remind myself that they won and are 2-0.  But that should have been a laugher by mid-3rd quarter with Bartles at QB.