SiouxSports.com Forum

Game Day Thread

darell1976

Just watched the highlights of the game.  The one thing I did notice is there were a lot more people in the stands  in the first quarter than in the 4th quarter.  It is fun to send the away crowd home early.

From Highlights, ours and theirs.  Santiogo is legit.  He has a special step and instinct that you can't coach.  Studsrund showed a good burst on his touchdown run, that play looked good.  Studsrud was almost in the endzone a second time on that play.

Don't know what the hell happened on the 92 yard pass we gave up, the film didn't exactly show anything until we were already out of position.

Is there highlights anywhere online that can be watched or did Wyoming destroy all tape that this game ever happened?

I had this picture of Peter Graves in the old "Mission Impossible" series. I bet Bohl wishes they had those old self-destructing tape machines.  Mission Impossible "This message will self-destruct in 10 seconds."

One stat that says an awful lot about how this game went: Wyoming's free safety and strong safety combined for 27 tackles. OLine was doing its job! #RoadGraders

Can't wait for next weekend in the Alerus!

Was at the game. First let me say that all the Wyoming people I interacted with, which were several, were cordial and hospitable, even while their team was being taken to the woodshed.  I have to say the game day experience of being at the "War" was lacking to say the least. Through most of the game rap/hip-hop noise was blasted intermittently at ear splitting pitch. All the Wyoming people I was around thought it was just as obnoxious as I did, but as a UND fan I was doubly exacerbated by the fact that they blasted this crap while UND was in its offensive huddles, but not when Wyoming was in theirs. Heading back to Cheyenne for the night I listened to the post game show from Laramie on the radio. About 40 per cent of the calls were Wyoming fans complaining about the  "music" ruining their game day experience just as much as losing to a "mediocre"FCS team ruined it.

Was at the game. First let me say that all the Wyoming people I interacted with, which were several, were cordial and hospitable, even while their team was being taken to the woodshed.  I have to say the game day experience of being at the "War" was lacking to say the least. Through most of the game rap/hip-hop noise was blasted intermittently at ear splitting pitch. All the Wyoming people I was around thought it was just as obnoxious as I did, but as a UND fan I was doubly exacerbated by the fact that they blasted this crap while UND was in its offensive huddles, but not when Wyoming was in theirs. Heading back to Cheyenne for the night I listened to the post game show from Laramie on the radio. About 40 per cent of the calls were Wyoming fans complaining about the  "music" ruining their game day experience just as much as losing to a "mediocre"FCS team ruined it.

I concur.  The music was obnoxious.   Ill be at the Eastern Michigan / Pokes game Saturday and will post if it changed.   

Wyoming fans are very hospitable.  Even when their biggest rival, Colorado State, shows up, they rib them, but are nice.  

I concur.  The music was obnoxious.   Ill be at the Eastern Michigan / Pokes game Saturday and will post if it changed.   

Wyoming fans are very hospitable.  Even when their biggest rival, Colorado State, shows up, they rib them, but are nice.  

I'd be interested to know  if they tone things down as they need to do. Good luck to the Cowboys the rest of the way.

Nice write up Teeder.  I was at the game as well and recorded the cowboy on horseback riding with the flag.  I will try and get it posted for others to see.  it was nice and added to the atmosphere.  the Wyoming fan were so nice.  One fan I though was yelling boo but he came over to me and said he was yelling Sioux and as I listen closer he was.  I the first play from scrimmage when the defense stuff their RB for no gain I hollered very loud YES.  all the poke fans seating around me looked.  From then on I contained some of my excitement.  One fan next to me conversed about their program but I think I knew more about his team then he did. The only aspect of the game more exciting then Santiago was the rush defense.  amazing, simply amazing to contain those 2 quality RB's.    Bohl was correct the game was not close.  so many poke fans were very disappointed that they could not run against our defense. 

Now we need to keep focused on Drake.  fill up the Alerts sat.

• Upvote 2

Nice write up Teeder.  I was at the game as well and recorded the cowboy on horseback riding with the flag.  I will try and get it posted for others to see.  it was nice and added to the atmosphere.  the Wyoming fan were so nice.  One fan I though was yelling boo but he came over to me and said he was yelling Sioux and as I listen closer he was.  I the first play from scrimmage when the defense stuff their RB for no gain I hollered very loud YES.  all the poke fans seating around me looked.  From then on I contained some of my excitement.  One fan next to me conversed about their program but I think I knew more about his team then he did. The only aspect of the game more exciting then Santiago was the rush defense.  amazing, simply amazing to contain those 2 quality RB's.    Bohl was correct the game was not close.  so many poke fans were very disappointed that they could not run against our defense. 

Now we need to keep focused on Drake.  fill up the Alerts sat.

Nice assessment, Nodak!   You are right on the run D.  Also, the fact we had very few boneheaded mistakes as for penalties and such was very telling that Bubba is instilling discipline and the players are buying in.

Now let's shore up our pass coverage and special teams coverage.  

How did the d line look? Specifically Greer and Cieslak. Also are Dranka and Greely a lot bigger and better?

Cieslak is a beast and had a sack.... Dranka and Greely were Dranka and Greely and that's a good thing.  I did not notice anything on Greer.  The DL was effective in tying up the OL and letting the LBs gobble up tackles. The DL did have a few shining moments in the Wyo backfield, though.

Edit:  I did not think that Dranka and Greely appeared much bigger than last year, IMHO

Edited by Teeder11

Here is an interesting analysis of Santiago's TD run.  we have some hogs.  wyonation fans are saying they are out of position.  yes some true to that but the OLoine man handled the defense and Santiago suck the LB into one gap and broke free with just a safety to beat.  OLine blocking and Santiago's speed and quickness.  ohhh I love this season.

http://www.wyonation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13034&sid=b7d6ee0f4da82ec676a1d8cbb7383d07