SiouxSports.com Forum
geaux_sioux

Non-UND FCS Thread

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I completely agree. Just like week 3 last season, I think this week will set the general direction for the remainder of the season.

We all know how week 3 went last season (@South Dakota) ... season pretty much followed suit after that. 

exactly...after the sodak game we knew we were gonna hae a long season...SHSU will tell us bunches on saturday and i can't wait to find out

• Upvote 4

Davidson absolutely destroyed DIII Guilford 91-61!!!  Stats are ridiculous!  Davidson had 685 rushing yards via the triple option, only passed the ball 8 times, and had 964 yards of total offense!!  Insane!! 

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/college-football-records-news-davidson-guilford-score-stats-video-ncaa-2018/17b7zc11ow6yc17esebvoo29c2

stats.jpg

If you had Guilford holding Davidson under 684 yards of rushing offense ... you lost!  :0

Worse? If you're Davidson, you ran for 685 ... and still gave up more total offense yards than that (698) to your opponent. 

21 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

If you had Guilford holding Davidson under 684 yards of rushing offense ... you lost!  :0

Worse? If you're Davidson, you ran for 685 ... and still gave up more total offense yards than that (698) to your opponent. 

D1 Davidson gave up 698 total yards and 61 points to a D3 team!!!  I guess they can be happy with their performance.  But I doubt the defensive coordinator for Davidson was expecting numbers even remotely close to that!

UNA down 17-6 to Missouri State close to half.  That would be a very bad loss,  even without their QB and WR

6 minutes ago, sprig said:

UNA down 17-6 to Missouri State close to half.  That would be a very bad loss,  even without their QB and WR

MSU seems to be alot better this year.

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

Must be,  since it is 23-6 at half

8 turnovers so far that game (NAU 4 ints and a fumble recovery, only 6 points to show.) At the half, NAU with an extremely boneheaded ST play. Gives the ball back to MSU at the 10. They score.23-6

9 minutes ago, SiouxTupa said:

8 turnovers so far that game (NAU 4 ints and a fumble recovery, only 6 points to show.) At the half, NAU with an extremely boneheaded ST play. Gives the ball back to MSU at the 10. They score.23-6

This makes EWU close game against NAU......not make EWU look quite as good either. Really surprised by this NAU score

North Alabama trail NDSU 17-0 at the half. UNA could be a real good team in the FCS like they were in DII. Not doing too bad as a transition team.

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Well that and Cookus didn't play so NAU's offense couldn't do what it needs for them to win. 

1 hour ago, darell1976 said:

North Alabama trail NDSU 17-0 at the half. UNA could be a real good team in the FCS like they were in DII. Not doing too bad as a transition team.

Give them a couple of years and they will be one the top FCS teams.    I see the same trend with North Alabama as I saw with NDSU when they moved up to FCS.

• Upvote 1

Only 21 passing attempts in the game for SDSU. Sounds more like Ark-Pine Bluff is just incredibly awful. 

1 hour ago, Texas rancher said:

That is a classless move on stigs part! No call for that crap

Maybe Pine Bluff should have played a little defense. Were they supposed to take a knee for 3 quarters? 

UC Davis loses to Stanford 30-10, they made the game very interesting before Stanford pulled away. Once again I ask how is UCDavis not ranked. I don’t know what else they have to do to get respect.

wolford almost beats Wyoming. I don’t know how the people in WY are so faithful to that team . Man they are awful with exception to the last couple seasons.

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

SDSU dropped 90 on Ark-Pine Bluff

I'm not talking basketball either. 

1 hour ago, Texas rancher said:

That is a classless move on stigs part! No call for that crap

29 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Maybe Pine Bluff should have played a little defense. Were they supposed to take a knee for 3 quarters? 

557 passing yards for the game and 20 fourth quarter points?

Just now, MafiaMan said:

557 passing yards for the game and 20 fourth quarter points?

According to Jack fans they had a couple short passes break loose for 90 yards in the 4th

Do you tell your players to just fall down in the 3rd quarter?  SDSU played 3 QB's and they averaged crazy yards per play.  The likely could have pulled back some but I think this is more an issue with Arkansas Pine Bluff.