Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

SDSU dropped 90 on Ark-Pine Bluff

I'm not talking basketball either. 

1 hour ago, Texas rancher said:

That is a classless move on stigs part! No call for that crap

29 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Maybe Pine Bluff should have played a little defense. Were they supposed to take a knee for 3 quarters? 

557 passing yards for the game and 20 fourth quarter points?

8 minutes ago, BigGame said:

Do you tell your players to just fall down in the 3rd quarter?  SDSU played 3 QB's and they averaged crazy yards per play.  The likely could have pulled back some but I think this is more an issue with Arkansas Pine Bluff.  

Exactly. I'm sure there were a ton of young players who got a ton of playing time for the first time tonight. Are you gonna tell them to come in and not play hard? 

23 minutes ago, Cratter said:

And just like every year...I'm sure Northern Iowa will continue to be ranked despite not winning a game yet.

1st 7 loss team to be in.  Quality losses are Iowa St., Montana, Iowa, NDSU, SDSU, Western Ill., and Ill State or USD.  As long as the games are close, no worries.  Prothroe might have to grad transfer there.  That would be a match made in heaven!!  College Game Day, every week!!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

1st 7 loss team to be in.  Quality losses are Iowa St., Montana, Iowa, NDSU, SDSU, Western Ill., and Ill State or USD.  As long as the games are close, no worries.  Prothroe might have to grad transfer there.  That would be a match made in heaven!!  College Game Day, every week!!

:lol:

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

We need to cause the same reaction in 4 weeks!

Don't miss the meltdown on Bizonvilla when the Bizon slip and slide. They'll be jumping of the bridges.

Unfortunately, I don’t see them slipping or sliding. They look very solid again. 

12 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

1-2 ?

Losing to Western Illinois and Missouri State. Aren't they typically two of the weaker teams in the MVFC? With losses by Montana (seem to be more like Northern Iowa lately, ranked on reputation rather than on-field performance) and Northern Arizona (preseason favorite).

45 minutes ago, zonadub said:

Losing to Western Illinois and Missouri State. Aren't they typically two of the weaker teams in the MVFC? With losses by Montana (seem to be more like Northern Iowa lately, ranked on reputation rather than on-field performance) and Northern Arizona (preseason favorite).

WIU has been a playoff team lately I think, but yeah fair point. NAU is garbage without Cookus, who was out injured. 

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

WIU has been a playoff team lately I think, but yeah fair point. NAU is garbage without Cookus, who was out injured. 

On the other hand, like you, I mourn UND leaving the Big Sky.  Always thought that would be the best conference affiliation for the Dakota schools. Then, when UND was the only Dakota school in the Big Sky, it set UND apart from the others. I do understand the desire to be in a conference with the other 3, but would have preferred they moved to the Big Sky, not the other way around. The downside there was that the BSC has gotten so big, numbers wise and geographically, that it just wasn't going to work.

would really like to see a Great North conference as many here propose, but don't see the Montanas and Idaho leaving the Sky. It's their baby, after all.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, zonadub said:

On the other hand, like you, I mourn UND leaving the Big Sky.  Always thought that would be the best conference affiliation for the Dakota schools. Then, when UND was the only Dakota school in the Big Sky, it set UND apart from the others. I do understand the desire to be in a conference with the other 3, but would have preferred they moved to the Big Sky, not the other way around. The downside there was that the BSC has gotten so big, numbers wise and geographically, that it just wasn't going to work.

would really like to see a Great North conference as many here propose, but don't see the Montanas and Idaho leaving the Sky. It's their baby, after all.

I agree with you, would love to have UND  in BSC.  Big sky should be the 4 dakota schools, 2 Montana schools and 2 idaho schools, and possibly EWU and PSU.

• Upvote 1