SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

1 hour ago, Texas rancher said:

The south land conference is better then the big sky conference at this point, and it's not even debateable

Rank    Conference             CntMean NDSU						
1	BIG 12              	79.23	8			
2	SEC                 	77.40	11			
3	PAC-12              	75.72	11			
4	ACC                 	75.54	11			
5	BIG TEN             	75.31	9			
6	I-A INDEPENDENTS    	73.24	3			
7	AMERICAN ATHLETIC   	67.87	6			
8	MWC                 	61.06	3			
9	MAC                 	59.91	3			
10	MISSOURI VALLEY     	58.41	1			
11	CONFERENCE USA      	55.20	2			
12	SUN BELT            	54.46	2			
13	BIG SKY             	48.61	1			
14	SOUTHERN            	46.96	1			
15	COLONIAL            	45.86	1			
16	OHIO VALLEY         	44.69	1			
17	IVY LEAGUE          	44.40	1			
18	BIG SOUTH           	42.10	1			
19	SOUTHLAND           	41.01	1			
20	PATRIOT             	35.69	1			
21	NORTHEAST           	34.44	1			
22	MID-EASTERN         	32.43	1			
23	SWAC                	26.83	1			
24	PIONEER             	24.97	1

Sagarin seems to disagree.  That part isn't debatable.

• Upvote 1

The SLC is a very top heavy conference, they added a lot weak schools when they expanded and they are still trying to establish themselves. McNeese, UCA and SHSU usually have solid teams though, SHSU has been to the semifinals or title game in four of the past five seasons. They probably have a title or two if it wasn't for NDSU. 

17 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Watching this game confirms 2 things:

1) NDSU is on a special run. 5 Nattys in a row will be simply amazing.

2) UND got totally hosed by being left out the  playoff field.......Richmond sucks.

I disagree about Richmond.

If the only UND game the entire fcs nation saw was the bison game, what would they conclude about UND?  About Santiago?

The ac makes good teams look foolish in there.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

If the only UND game the entire fcs nation saw was the bison game, what would they conclude about UND?  About Santiago?

Except when they play South Dakota in the Fdome.   All the bizons must have been hung over.

The regular season doesn't mean sh*t w/out considering post season, and it's tough to say what records mean without controlling for size. What I'm saying is that, while I cheer for big sky and against MVFC, we who claim the big sky is special look awfully stupid every year in the post season when we lose to teams like Sam and mid-upper level valley teams.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt said:

You are comparing a week 3 UND squad vs. a semifinalist Richmond team?

Again......Richmond sucks.

• Downvote 1

Just now, Oxbow6 said:

So.................does Wentz get the start in the championship? Lots of time til that game for Wentz to get ready.

Interesting call? It's almost a good problem to have. Do I start my good QB or my other good QB. Wish we had that problem when Studsrud went down.

1 hour ago, siouxweet said:

jacksonville state will end the run of the Bison at 4.

I am not sure about that. Things snowballed on an SHSU team that was not very good in the first place and they completely quit. And their QB was horrible. The Bison will score some points (at least in the 30's) and I don't think JSU can keep up against the NDSU defense.

If the Bison win Five. I have to wonder if to the outside world (non FCS fans) it makes FCS Football even more "second rate" and appears their isn't much competition. Not saying its true but when Mount Union seems to win the D3 championship every year that's what I think.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Cratter said:

If the Bison win Five. I have to wonder if to the outside world (non FCS fans) it makes FCS Football even more "second rate" and appears their isn't much competition. Not saying its true but when Mount Union seems to win the D3 championship every year that's what I think.

If the Bison win 5 the "we want Bama" chants will start and we are going to the Big12 or Big10 will float all over Bisonswille.

2 hours ago, gsiouxo said:

Agree with SIOUXFAN97….Crappy (over rated) teams at home….where is the only place the Big Bad ASS Bison won't travel ……90 miles NORTH…..hope Jacksonville puts up 60 again in 3 weeks!!!!

How much would you like to bet on Jax State putting up 60 in Frisco?