SiouxSports.com Forum

New Assistant, who will it be?

ringneck28

On this line of thinking, lets take a Flyer on Hakstol, he has no NHL coaching experience, right?  But that didn't stop them from making his the first NCAA 2 NHL coach since Brooks.

I guess when I heard Hak was leaving, I wanted to think continuity.  First guy that came to my mind was Berry because of his NHL experience behind the bench.  No he wasn't the bench boss but he was an assistant in the big show.  That counts for something.  As a matter of fact, Hak tried to take him to Philly with him.  Must mean something?  

As far as possible UND Alum that could come in, what about another Dane, as in Litke?

Who would be the guys from outside UND.  Is that sacrilegious to even think this?

An ex-gopher, Tom Ward from Shattuck would be very appealing because of his recruiting ties and ability to take over or help with the defensive corp. Realistically, don't think he would be willing to leave that situation when he probably wouldn't be the next in line for head coach.

On this line of thinking, lets take a Flyer on Hakstol, he has no NHL coaching experience, right?  But that didn't stop them from making his the first NCAA 2 NHL coach since Brooks.

I guess when I heard Hak was leaving, I wanted to think continuity.  First guy that came to my mind was Berry because of his NHL experience behind the bench.  No he wasn't the bench boss but he was an assistant in the big show.  That counts for something.  As a matter of fact, Hak tried to take him to Philly with him.  Must mean something?  

As far as possible UND Alum that could come in, what about another Dane, as in Litke?

Who would be the guys from outside UND.  Is that sacrilegious to even think this?  

If we look outside of UND connections I would think Mark Osiecki would be one of the first calls.

Paging Tony Hrkac, Tony Hrkac please come to Mr. Berry's office.

Question for those that want Hrkac, as his name has been thrown out by a few posters now.  It shows that in 2 years of coaching at Concordia University Wisconsin, his record is 4-33-3.  He may or may not be a good coach, but I'm wondering if people just want him for his name and how good of a player he was, or do you think/know that he's a good coach for some reason?

Think of what Hill brought to the Gophers...That is how important this hire is - Berry's first big move - let's see how he does.

Changed your post to hammer home your excellent point about how important this first big move is...

• Upvote 1

The next assistant should be gfhockey he will be able to see things coming before they even happen?

I don't like this idea, because next time he gets caught with his pants down during game while on the bench, everyone on MidcoSN would see something we may not want to.  I'll pass on him for assistant.

• Upvote 1

The next assistant should be gfhockey he will be able to see things coming before they even happen?

He's too short to see over the boards. And if he has a growth spurt during middle school, the only hockey knowledge he has to offer is to tell Berry he hasn't won a natty yet.