SiouxSports.com Forum

New Assistant, who will it be?

ringneck28

We all know that UND likes to hire from within the family.  I have been thinking of former players/coaches that may come back.  Berry no doubt has many connections with former alumni.  In another thread I threw out Mike Commedore as a name. I have been informed from others on here that he is rather rough around the edges.  After doing some research, a name that comes to mind is someone who was at the press conference.  Tarek Howard makes lots of sense.  He is a former room mate and has some coaching experience?  Who else would be a good candidate?

I honestly have no clue on this just wondering what does PP Lamoureux bring to the table?

Good guy that loves hockey and absolutely bleeds green.  He definitely fell into a nice little situation here but I've heard he works real hard.  Pretty shocked myself.  Everyone needs a start sometime....his is just pretty nice :)

Hockey wise im sure some here have seen him play and hockey db has ppl listed as a assistant 09/10??

Impressive penalty numbers between he and berry :)

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=80356

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=364

he has been the student video coordinator for UND since that time...I know he recently just finished law school

To be honest I hope they dig deeper than PP Lammy. I am hoping for a Steve Johnson or Tony Hrkac.

Are we sure Steve Johnson is interested in coaching anything at this point? He's been practically away from that side of it for at least two seasons.

Well what a shocking day, congrats to Hak and congrats to Brad. Now he needs to fill an assistant position. I realize he was the D coach and now moving up you would think that would mean to hire a D coach to replace him. I, however, would like to see the hiring of an offensive coach, Dane to me seems more of a player development coach as in developing a players game one on one, working on their shot, release, one-timers, etc. I would love nothing more than to see an offensive systems guy who can work on entry zone and plays off of the cycle, nice cross ice one timer plays that open up the ice and allow our skill guys the opportunity to make those plays and to finish them. That is what I would like to see, not that that is what Berry is going to do of course... Thoughts?

Are we sure Steve Johnson is interested in coaching anything at this point? He's been practically away from that side of it for at least two seasons.I do

I don't know but I would like someone like him.

I would assume we will get a nice list of potential candidates for the assistant coach position. I wouldn't mind seeing someone who isn't a UND alum like a Mark Oseiki (sp).

I mentioned in a post above Tony Hrkac, I would like to see him here too.

I would assume we will get a nice list of potential candidates for the assistant coach position. I wouldn't mind seeing someone who isn't a UND alum like a Mark Oseiki (sp).

I mentioned in a post above Tony Hrkac, I would like to see him here too.

Osiecki would be a good hire, but would he want to come back and Wisconsin is trying to bring him back.

Think Pierre Paul Lamoureux was meantion as a strong possibility

Hammer mentioned Dane would have to maybe make a decision going with Hak possibly

Who knows

Even though Hammer was at the press conference, I don't think he was listening when Brad said staffing is a big key and I want to point out one who will be going forward, DANE JACKSON.  I have to believe that Hextall would have some say in who the assistants are.  I would think that this talk with Hak was already held and he probably declined, based on Berry's statement.