SiouxSports.com Forum

New Assistant, who will it be?

ringneck28

Already going back on what you said earlier this afternoon?  Or just throwing more at the wall in the hopes of something sticking?

Pp lammy is going to be the assistant

Big mistake but bubs wants him

Hrkac or palmiscnio

A critical hire in my opinion - we could use a new assistant to help with many areas - new recruiting contacts, an offensive skill set, some fire on the bench or any of a number of things that will help bring this team to the top - and let's not forget that our last two hires were assistant coaches.  Berry needs to seriously assess his needs and find a coach who brings in as much as he did.  Not a time for a reflex good old boy hire unless they can really add something to the staff.  

Just what I heard pp lammy will be assistant

I want the other two guys

Member we can have 4 paid coaches now

You and your sources are very suspect after today's news. You and the rest of the clown posse were caught with your pants down. It will be a long road to re-establish the credibility you once had. A very sad day for you.
  • Upvote 1

I like Jason Herter!

Sioux Alumni - check

Head coaching experience in USHL - check

Assistant coaching experience in NCAA - check

Good guy that college kids relate to - check

I don't know if he will be the most qualified or even interested in leaving Duluth, but we could definitely do worse!

Just what I heard pp lammy will be assistant

I want the other two guys

Member we can have 4 paid coaches now

So make a guy an assistant coach that has no coaching experience, except being the video coordinator. I guess it makes sense since Berry has no head coaching experience.  

So make a guy an assistant coach that has no coaching experience, except being the video coordinator. I guess it makes sense since Berry has no head coaching experience.

These thoughts crossed my mind as well.

Every head coach got his first head coaching job someplace.

True, but you'd think he'd have been a head coach in juniors at some point. Anyway let's see what Berry can do, but a assistant with some sort of head coaching or assistant coaching experience is going to be needed. 

I'm not sure an assistant with head coaching experience is important.  Berry has been an assistant under 2 great head coaches (Blais and Hak).  He's probably got a pretty good handle on what the HC's responsibilities are, and what his role needs to be.  Yep, he'll be new to it, but Jackson's been a HC in the AHL before, and if Jackson sticks around, there you go.

I'm not sure an assistant with head coaching experience is important.  Berry has been an assistant under 2 great head coaches (Blais and Hak).  He's probably got a pretty good handle on what the HC's responsibilities are, and what his role needs to be.  Yep, he'll be new to it, but Jackson's been a HC in the AHL before, and if Jackson sticks around, there you go.

jackson was a assistant coach in the AHL and a head coach in the UHL for the adirondack frostbite...

Thanks for correcting me.  There goes my memory failing me again.

no biggie. not that it matters but i wonder is how long of a head coach he was in the UHL? didn't their actual head coach pass away during the season and barry melrose take over? my memory is shot too

So make a guy an assistant coach that has no coaching experience, except being the video coordinator. I guess it makes sense since Berry has no head coaching experience.  

On this line of thinking, lets take a Flyer on Hakstol, he has no NHL coaching experience, right?  But that didn't stop them from making his the first NCAA 2 NHL coach since Brooks.

I guess when I heard Hak was leaving, I wanted to think continuity.  First guy that came to my mind was Berry because of his NHL experience behind the bench.  No he wasn't the bench boss but he was an assistant in the big show.  That counts for something.  As a matter of fact, Hak tried to take him to Philly with him.  Must mean something?  

As far as possible UND Alum that could come in, what about another Dane, as in Litke?

Who would be the guys from outside UND.  Is that sacrilegious to even think this?  

On this line of thinking, lets take a Flyer on Hakstol, he has no NHL coaching experience, right?  But that didn't stop them from making his the first NCAA 2 NHL coach since Brooks.

I guess when I heard Hak was leaving, I wanted to think continuity.  First guy that came to my mind was Berry because of his NHL experience behind the bench.  No he wasn't the bench boss but he was an assistant in the big show.  That counts for something.  As a matter of fact, Hak tried to take him to Philly with him.  Must mean something?  

As far as possible UND Alum that could come in, what about another Dane, as in Litke?

Who would be the guys from outside UND.  Is that sacrilegious to even think this?  

Blais played for the Gophers...an assistant could come from outside UND...I still wonder about Wardo out of Shattuck...