SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-2016 College Hockey (non UND Hockey)

cberkas

So Downing gets 2 games for his high hit, but Seeler gets one for his hit.

Yes, but what you fail to realize is that Seeler is a highly rated NHL prospect from the renowned Golden Gophers who only took out a lowly state school player (who is barely worth mentioning really). Downing took out a precious little gem who should be treated with the highest level of respect reserved only for Gophers, royalty, and Don Lucia's hair.

• Upvote 3

The Q and Clouds blow UND's SOS out of the water.

St. Cloud plays six of their next eight games against Arizona State, Colorado College, and Western Michigan. Their SOS will take a huge hit, but hopefully they can survive the pummeling and retain the best SOS in the nation.

By fortune or design, SCSU has a knack for compiling one of the best Strengths of Schedule seemingly every year. That's really helpful in getting them into the Tourney just about every season. This year will make it four in a row.

So Downing gets 2 games for his high hit, but Seeler gets one for his hit.

Yeah, I totally didn't get that.  Downing at least had some semblance of a hit albeit high, while Seeler down right clothes lined the St. Cloud player.  It really smacks of a "we can't be hurting players in our own league" philosophy. 

• Upvote 1

I saw that article today.  My favorite part is this quote: "It’s everything you want for hockey and you don’t have to be in the freezing cold the whole time to do it. I love it here."  Then shortly after it's mentioned that they're playing in an arena that seats 800.

I know that's what I would have wanted if I played college hockey.  Playing in front of crowds that would have fit into my high school's hockey arena.

• Upvote 1

Rumors on Twitter forward AJ Greer could be bolting out of BU mid season. 2015 2nd round pick Colorado. He's from Quebec.

Mike McMahon - Translation(to a tweet in French): Greer denies Q report. Says discussion with agent & family but nothing more.

Peter Maric of CC said to us last night that UAH had some of the worst ice they've seen...it showed as the puck was skipping around a lot. Lots of mis-handled passes, etc by both teams.

Question:  does anyone know if UND plans on coming to Huntsville next season in a home and home agreement with the Chargers? If so, I'd highly recommend UND fans coming out here-the space and rocket museum was phenomenal! Always nice to take a road trip and see some cool things in addition to hockey!