SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament

What more can you say about Ben Jacobson? You really have to respect what he's built at UNI. Sometimes I wonder what might have been for UND had Greg McDermott decided to remain at UNI long-term...

I'm pulling for Northern Iowa.  They played a great game and will be tough to take out.  

NDSU put up a good fight against Gonzaga. Surprised no commentary on that. I know the hope was that the Bulldogs would roll the Bison by 40...

I was surprised, again, by that Fargo school.  Zags have a tendency to disappoint in the tourney.  Let's see what happens... 

NDSU put up a good fight against Gonzaga. Surprised no commentary on that. I know the hope was that the Bulldogs would roll the Bison by 40...

A great job by a first year coach, maybe another school can take notes on how it's done.

Kentucky survives, but was anything but unbeatable today.

They have incredible size and athleticism, but I'm not sold on their guard play at all. As a team they are great defensively, but offensively? Not really. A team that controls the tempo and shoots a good percentage from behind the arc would stand a decent chance against them. Notre Dame would appear to have the best chance of the other remaining teams from that region.

Game of the day coming up shortly with Kansas playing Witchita State. Should be a dandy!

Wichita State to sweet sixteen!

Always root for Wichita State. Their coach, Gregg Marshall, is one of the best in the game. When he was at Winthrop, they were a!ways in the tournament. Now, don't hear a peep out of Winthrop.

Gonzaga blew out Iowa by 20 points.  The TV announcers mentioned several times during the game that the tough game Gonzaga had against NDSU may help the Zags as they move forward in the tournament.  UNI is down by 8 early in the second half, don't know if they can come back against an athletic Louisville team.

A lot of the post game chatter by various talkers was that after Gonzaga's poor performance against NDSU in a lot of categories, they were out to make amends for the previous game. They were out to show viewers what they are really like. They certainly played a lot better tonight.

http://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2015-march-madness-basketball-fund/

The NCAA Basketball financials in a nutshell.  A conference like the MVC will earn at least $1.25 mill / yr for the next six years, while the Slummit and Big Sky will divide up $250 k among their teams.  With Wichita State going to the Final Four a couple years ago, the MVC divides up around $5 for their past six years.  About $1.75 M will be distributed to the Big Sky and Slummit teams as payment for their past six years.

http://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2015-march-madness-basketball-fund/

The NCAA Basketball financials in a nutshell. A conference like the MVC will earn at least $1.25 mill / yr for the next six years, while the Slummit and Big Sky will divide up $250 k among their teams. With Wichita State going to the Final Four a couple years ago, the MVC divides up around $5 for their past six years. About $1.75 M will be distributed to the Big Sky and Slummit teams as payment for their past six years.

Doesn't the Summit get extra for NDSU's win last year?

Wichita State to sweet sixteen!

Always root for Wichita State. Their coach, Gregg Marshall, is one of the best in the game. When he was at Winthrop, they were a!ways in the tournament. Now, don't hear a peep out of Winthrop.

Sounds like Bama is dangling big money his way. I think he will wait for a bigger job.