SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

4 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

What in the name of God?

Duffy?  May?  Romo?

Are we trying to win the Central or not?

I don't know what Rocco was thinking there but he is lucky they got out of it with only 1 run. That is the type of thing you test out after your team has clinched the division. Your coming off a day off and you roll with Gibson for 2 innings in a close game and the only guy warming up was Stashak? That just isn't smart at all.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

I don't know what Rocco was thinking there but he is lucky they got out of it with only 1 run. That is the type of thing you test out after your team has clinched the division. Your coming off a day off and you roll with Gibson for 2 innings in a close game and the only guy warming up was Stashak? That just isn't smart at all.

Verbatim what I just said to my wife. :lol:

I can understand using Gibby for one inning, but even with a bullpen game looming tomorrow you have enough warm bodies tomorrow to use May, or Graterol, or Duffy in the 8th.

Clinch the AL Central first, then use Gibby, Stewart, Hildenberger, Harper to your heart's desire Rocco.  

28 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I can understand using Gibby for one inning, but even with a bullpen game looming tomorrow you have enough warm bodies tomorrow to use May, or Graterol, or Duffy in the 8th.

Clinch the AL Central first, then use Gibby, Stewart, Hildenberger, Harper to your heart's desire Rocco.  

I was shocked he came out for a second inning.  He was better than his last 2 times out but that's a very low bar.

48 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I said the same thing to my buddy today. Clinch then use Gibby when need be. He didn’t look to bad today as of the hits he gave up 3 were pretty weak and he made it interesting in his second inning of relief 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I hope Dobnak goes 6 strong tomorrow.  He’s capable.  

An argument can be made that he's been their most consistent starter the past few weeks.  

Lefty on the mound for Detroit.  I'm looking at big nights from Sano, Cruz, Astudillo, Schoop, Polanco.  

Get off to a good start tonight and put the game to bed early.