SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

38 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Okay, thinking ahead to the playoffs in NY.  Here is my lineup if Kepler is healthy.

1. Arraez-2B

2. Polanco-SS

3. Cruz-DH

4. Kepler-RF

5. Garver-C

6. Rosario-LF

7. Sano-3B

8. Cave-CF

9. Marwin-1B

I don't start Cron because he is hurting and I'm guessing off season surgery.  Plus I think you need the experience in the lineup.  

I could live with that.  Good Mix of L and R handed batters.

10 hours ago, Ray77 said:

Whodathunk at the beginning of this season we'd now be talking about the Twins' postseason lineup possibilities?!?!

I knew the lineup would be okay, but really had no idea that it would make up for sub par starting pitching and a bullpen with Blake Parker pitching in important spots.

When Cleveland came back after being down at least eleven games, and got ahead, I thought it was over for the Twins. I thought Cleveland was by far the better team.

niw on to probably the yanks - not much success with them

will this be the year we finally beat the Yankees? 

If the twins make the World Series they better break out a new version of the homer hankey

On 9/22/2019 at 6:19 PM, Wilbur said:

Let's pretend they make the postseason.....How many pitchers do they carry?

I carry these 12:  Ode, Berrios, Duffy, Littell, Stashak, May, Romo, Graterol, Rodgers, Smeltzer, Dobnak, Thorpe. 

Twelve is likely the max they'll carry into New York.  Which of these guys does Gibby take the spot of?  

Ode-Nope

Berrios-Nope

Duffy-Nope

Littell-Maybe

Stashak-Nope

May-Nope

Romo-Nope

Graterol-He can throw 100 Rocco.

Rodgers-Nope

Smeltzer-Need spot lefties, nope.

Thorpe-See above

Dobnak-Nope

6 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Like the hot team to win the WS.  Oakland went 63-31 since being at 500, with a lot of talented rookies moving up since then.  

https://www.sfchronicle.com/athletics/ostler/article/The-Oakland-A-s-will-win-the-World-Series-14468142.php#photo-18274331

They could give Houston some problems if they get past Tampa

but trying to beat Verlander, Cole, and Greinke is going to be a tall task. 

2 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Going to be a long 5 days until we get to Friday.

The goal:  Get one in the Bronx. Don't care how they do it, what it looks like, who pitches, etc.  They need to win 1 game in New York. 

Hopefully they get the afternoon slots for Friday and Saturday.  The Twins are better on the road than at home.  One of two (fingers crossed), then find a way to win two at home.  

16 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Hopefully they get the afternoon slots for Friday and Saturday.  The Twins are better on the road than at home.  One of two (fingers crossed), then find a way to win two at home.  

They are playing the Yankees.  They will be in prime time games as much as possible because that's what the networks will want.

Starting times for the first two games of the American League Division Series between the Twins and Yankees have been set.

The teams will play Friday at 6:07 p.m. Central time at Yankee Stadium, with Saturday’s Game 2 set for 4:07 p.m. Central.

The Friday game is on MLB Network and Saturday’s game is on FS1.

The umpires for the Twins-Yankees series are Gary Cederstrom (crew chief), Todd Tichenor, Manny Gonzalez, Lance Barksdale, Eric Cooper and Adrian Johnson.

The other ALDS matchup will be top seed Houston playing either Oakland or Tampa Bay. The first two games of that series, in Houston, will be Friday at 1:07 p.m. and Saturday at 8:07 p.m.

14 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Starting times for the first two games of the American League Division Series between the Twins and Yankees have been set.

The teams will play Friday at 6:07 p.m. Central time at Yankee Stadium, with Saturday’s Game 2 set for 4:07 p.m. Central.

The umpires for the Twins-Yankees series are Gary Cederstrom (crew chief), Todd Tichenor, Manny Gonzalez, Lance Barksdale, Eric Cooper and Adrian Johnson.

The other ALDS matchup will be top seed Houston playing either Oakland or Tampa Bay. The first two games of that series, in Houston, will be Friday at 1:07 p.m. and Saturday at 8:07 p.m.

Thank you to that New York TV market for getting us the late slot on Friday:lol:

16 hours ago, sioux rube said:

I met Gary Cederstrom (Minot) in Foley’s bar (must see, incredible) in NYC after a Twins game in 2006. I was wearing a Sioux wind breaker, and the umpires that he was with, thought that the interlocking ND on the sleeve (from a distance) was for Norte Dame. He knew it was North Dakota was very approachable.

Late the next night I was in the same bar, and the bartender recognizing me from the previous night says "hey, you missed Torii Hunter and a few players earlier”. I said damn, when did they leave? He replied "When Gardenhire and the coaches came in.” Bartender told me that Gardenhire liked to bartend and would frequently (when Twins were in town) go behind the bar and wait on people.

The bar is wall to wall, floor to ceiling, sports history

• Upvote 1

Milwaukee had the perfect recipe going for a postseason victory until Hader screwed it up.  If I'm them I try to squeeze one more out of Pomeranz.  

That's how the Twins will have to beat the Yankees.  Get four or five from whoever opens (with an extremely short leash), and then different looks the rest of the way. 

On 10/1/2019 at 10:45 AM, Tbone said:

I met Gary Cederstrom (Minot) in Foley’s bar (must see, incredible) in NYC after a Twins game in 2006. I was wearing a Sioux wind breaker, and the umpires that he was with, thought that the interlocking ND on the sleeve (from a distance) was for Norte Dame. He knew it was North Dakota was very approachable.

Late the next night I was in the same bar, and the bartender recognizing me from the previous night says "hey, you missed Torii Hunter and a few players earlier”. I said damn, when did they leave? He replied "When Gardenhire and the coaches came in.” Bartender told me that Gardenhire liked to bartend and would frequently (when Twins were in town) go behind the bar and wait on people.

The bar is wall to wall, floor to ceiling, sports history

When I was in high school and the scorekeeper for our basketball games he would ref 4 to 5 games in our town every year. I remember talking to him about umping as he had just got to the majors. He was at 3rd when Rickey Henderson broke Lou Brock's career steals record. Always thought it was pretty cool that he still came home during the winter to do HS basketball.