SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

Just now, Wilbur said:

Graterol's inning:

Right handed hitter.....if our 1B is normal depth it's a double play ball.

Okay....2-2 pitch with nobody on.....why go away from the fastball?  Instead, changeup, base hit.  Same thing as the homer the other night.....don't speed up the hitter's bat when they haven't proven they can catch up to 99 mph.  

Next hitter has a slugging percentage of .231 and your outfield is playing in a deep no doubles?????

Graterol just goes with whatever the catcher puts down and our catchers evidently aren't very smart. Its like they think they should call the game the same way whether it is Graterol on the mound or whether it is Smeltzer.

Wade has had some solid at bats but he has really struggled getting jumps on the ball defensively.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Graterol just goes with whatever the catcher puts down and our catchers evidently aren't very smart. Its like they think they should call the game the same way whether it is Graterol on the mound or whether it is Smeltzer.

Wade has had some solid at bats but he has really struggled getting jumps on the ball defensively.

I go away from the change up if I'm the pitching coaches with Graterol.  Unless you use it early in a show me situation, but it's been terrible as a two strike pitch.

I'm still waiting for someone to square up his fastball.  Lindor hit one hard, but it was late contact and right at Sano who should have had it.

If this team wants to make a run, I think Graterol is a big part of it.  

27 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Watching Kimbrel cough up another game for Chicago made me realize,  the Twins dodged a bullet 

I've never understood relief pitchers that work so slow......every bad pitch or hit the more the tension mounts and you just prolong it.

2 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Whoever is in charge of the Twins strategy of throwing tons of offspeed to the Royals bottom half of the order this series needs to be fired. The shifting for the bottom half of this order needs to stop too.

They are out of the bleeping inning at 5-2......

Then Castro......fock man......why are we throwing that to that guy???  

• Upvote 1