SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

Twins 1.5 game out of the 2nd WC. In all honesty the fact this team is 6 games over .500 and has a sniff at the playoffs is amazing. I had them closing in on a 100 "L"s at this stage.

I had them at 69-93 before the season started. I will take my crow well seasoned and well done.

Duffey has turned into a really nice pitcher. Man after his first start against the Jays I did not see this coming. His curve ball is filthy. I thought after Mauer hit into yet another double play in the top of the 8th with a chance to put the team ahead, it was over. It wasn't and Jepson gets yet another save.

Let's hope the Diamondbacks play spoilers this weekend:

Houston (84-75, 74.4% by Fangraphs) @ Arizona - the Diamondbacks have nothing to play for, but have won their last four and are 7-3 in their last ten.

LA Angels (83-76, 16.1%) @ Texas - the Rangers have won the division, and therefore have nothing to play for

Twins (83-76, 9.5%) @ home vs. Kansas City - unfortunately, the Royals are still playing for home field advantage

Based on opposition, the Twins have by far the toughest road to the second wild card. But there is some optimism in that the Twins are 46-32 at home and the Astros and Angels are (31-47) and (34-44) respectively on the road.

• 3 weeks later...

Kudos to Hunter for not dragging out his decision or putting the Twins in a position to have to make a choice. Don't agree with a lot of his off the field/clubhouse stuff, but his on the field performance speaks for itself (last few years notwithstanding). He always to watch patrol center field in the Metrodome.