SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

Twins have now lost 3 in a row and with 2 games left with the Angels followed by 3 with the Yankees and 2 with the Pirates they are in a pretty tough stretch of games that could determine whether they really end up being contenders or not before the trade deadline.

Twins have now lost 3 in a row and with 2 games left with the Angels followed by 3 with the Yankees and 2 with the Pirates they are in a pretty tough stretch of games that could determine whether they really end up being contenders or not before the trade deadline.

They're not just losing right now, either - they're getting killed!  Wasn't last night 7-0 and 14-1 the game before...  Need to find some offense and pitching again boys!

And they somehow find a way to lose 8-5. Perkins blows the save in the 9th giving up 4 runs including A-Roid's 3rd homerun of the game to tie it. 

Bases loaded, up 5-1 and Hicks struck out looking.  If he gets a hit its the knockout blow, similar to the 2nd game against Oakland. 

Regroup with Gibby tomorrow.  I did like the May in the 8th inning role.  Lets see more of that if he is going to be in the pen for a while.

Bases loaded, up 5-1 and Hicks struck out looking.  If he gets a hit its the knockout blow, similar to the 2nd game against Oakland. 

Regroup with Gibby tomorrow.  I did like the May in the 8th inning role.  Lets see more of that if he is going to be in the pen for a while.

Definitely a better use of May in the pen tonight actually giving him an important situation. I still would rather see him starting over Pelfrey but if they are gonna keep him in the pen they need to use him in the 7th/8th inning type role. Hopefully they bounce back better from this loss than they did to the one the blew in Oakland last Sunday was really ugly.

And they somehow find a way to lose 8-5. Perkins blows the save in the 9th giving up 4 runs including A-Roid's 3rd homerun of the game to tie it.

You can't really call out A-Roid and cheer on Santana, can you? Ervin adamantly denies "knowingly" taking Stanozol and still claims he hasn't the foggiest idea how it got into his system? C'mon...

You can't really call out A-Roid and cheer on Santana, can you? Ervin adamantly denies "knowingly" taking Stanozol and still claims he hasn't the foggiest idea how it got into his system? C'mon...

Yes A-Rod is on the Yankees and Santana plays for the Twins and I'm a Twins fan so those are the rules. :D Really though I don't make too big a deal about any of the steroid users anymore including A-Rod. I just used the A-Roid name last night because I was mad the Twins let a 5-0 lead get away and A-Rod was a big part of that. 

• Upvote 1

Twins are in a really interesting position. A lot of what I have read about them is that their record is a result of a significant amount of good luck through hit clustering and preventing hit clustering. Projection system at Fangraphs really do not like them, but with that said, they would be projected to finish right around the low 80s in wins. In a normal year that wouldn't be good enough for a playoff spot, but this year the AL has 3 or 4 good teams with many average teams. I wouldn't be surprised to see the 2nd wild card team have only 84 wins or so. Any team in the AL besides the Red Sox and A's could make a claim they should be a buyer this week at the same time just about any team besides the Yankees, Royals, Angels, and Astros could realistically be a seller. Honestly, the Twins are not a very good team, but they have built up enough wins where if they can manage to be decent the last two months they will have a great shot at the playoffs. And once the playoffs start, anyone can win it all. It will be very interesting to see what they do from here on out. I think they will be quiet and just hope for the best, especially with their future being pretty bright with a solid farm system and Sano and Buxton already in the majors.

Twins are in a really interesting position. A lot of what I have read about them is that their record is a result of a significant amount of good luck through hit clustering and preventing hit clustering. Projection system at Fangraphs really do not like them, but with that said, they would be projected to finish right around the low 80s in wins. In a normal year that wouldn't be good enough for a playoff spot, but this year the AL has 3 or 4 good teams with many average teams. I wouldn't be surprised to see the 2nd wild card team have only 84 wins or so. Any team in the AL besides the Red Sox and A's could make a claim they should be a buyer this week at the same time just about any team besides the Yankees, Royals, Angels, and Astros could realistically be a seller. Honestly, the Twins are not a very good team, but they have built up enough wins where if they can manage to be decent the last two months they will have a great shot at the playoffs. And once the playoffs start, anyone can win it all. It will be very interesting to see what they do from here on out. I think they will be quiet and just hope for the best, especially with their future being pretty bright with a solid farm system and Sano and Buxton already in the majors.

C, SS, and the bullpen are the positions they really could use upgrades at. I don't think their are many C and SS available who would be nice upgrades but I do think they will go and get some bullpen but I really don't see them giving up any of their top prospects.

C, SS, and the bullpen are the positions they really could use upgrades at. I don't think their are many C and SS available who would be nice upgrades but I do think they will go and get some bullpen but I really don't see them giving up any of their top prospects.

Agreed. No catchers or shortstops really available that I've heard about. It wouldn't take much to upgrade C as Suzuki has been a subreplacement level player this year, but if nothing is available nothing is available. Bullpen is nice cheap area to upgrade. All it took for the Nats to get Papelbon was eating money and an average prospect. I could see the Twins going after Benoit from the Padres or Axford from Colorado.

4th has passed and still in the playoff hunt, upgrading to August 1 now...can these guys hang around another month? Santana looking sharp is a plus, need to squeeze out a few more hits and maybe these guys can stay in it. Miggy going down won't hurt.

Made it to August 1st, but reality might be closing in...1 game lead for the final Wild Card spot.

Need to string some wins together right meow.

Made it to August 1st, but reality might be closing in...1 game lead for the final Wild Card spot.

Need to string some wins together right meow.

Soon to go under . 500 since the first of May. Getting smoked again today 8-0 and being no hit thru 7. This is not a playoff team in fact it looks like another 90 loss season could become a reality.

Edited by sioux rube