a week ago, #twins held 2nd wild card spot. now they are 6th in WC standings
3:46 PM - 9 Aug 2015 · Manhattan, NY, United States"

April 2 - under 500
May 13 - games over 500
June 6 - games under 500
July 1 - game under 500
August - 5 games under 500

Edited by sioux rube

Guess those underlying numbers showing that their record was all smoke and mirrors (and unsustainable timely hitting) weren't too far off and Molitor isn't some magical being who willed the team to those wins in his first season.  Not a huge surprise they've been struggling but seem to be dropping to the complete other end of the spectrum.  It was fun while it lasted I guess.

Why in the world is Berrios not getting the call but Duffey is... and May gets thrown back in the rotation for like what.... 2 starts and then back in the bullpen then?

What in the world? 

Oh well, took 2 from Texas and looks like early they might get the sweep.  Perhaps they are not dead yet...

1.5 games out

10 game road trip with the Yanks, O's and Rays. 

Season will be defined on this trip as to whether the Twins will be playing meaningful September ball or not.

The only prediction I will make is that Buxton will be back on the team at some point during this road trip (currently crushing it in Rochester).  I would run with a Hicks-Buxton-Rosario outfield all day.

Watching last night's game, and the Twins lead 4-1 going into the bottom of the inning (7, I think?).  Then, the perfect storm happens.  When the relief pitcher you barely know walks the guy to load the bases, you know he's exiting.  They bring in a Rule 5 pickup no one knows.  Who's coming up with bases loaded? A-Rod.  Who else would it be?  The Twins are as cursed against the Yankees as The Wild are vs the Blackhawks.  SMH.  Second pitch, gone. Game may as well end right there.

1.5 games out

Season will be defined on this trip as to whether the Twins will be playing meaningful September ball or not.

The only prediction I will make is that Buxton will be back on the team at some point during this road trip (currently crushing it in Rochester).  I would run with a Hicks-Buxton-Rosario outfield all day.

I think it's stick a fork in the Twins time. I wish and hope that I am wrong.

Watched last night's game, and the Twins lead 4-1 going into the bottom of the inning (7, I think?).  Then, the perfect storm happens.  When the relief pitcher you barely know walks the guy to load the bases, you know he's exiting.  They bring in a Rule 5 pickup no one knows.  Who's coming up with bases loaded? A-Rod.  Who else would it be?  The Twins are as cursed against the Yankees as The Wild are vs the Blackhawks.  SMH.  Second pitch, gone. Game may as well end right there.

the decision to do a bullpen game on friday was a flaming disaster.  If we had May it would have been a different story.  Could have called up Berrios for a spot start. but no.... 

now perk is hurt.  Make May the closer!

at least Sano isnt afraid of the spotlight.  Has had a nice series so far. We should be talking about that and going for a sweep instead of a fire pit of a bullpen and avoid getting swept.

at least Sano isnt afraid of the spotlight.  Has had a nice series so far. We should be talking about that and going for a sweep instead of a fire pit of a bullpen and avoid getting swept.

Sano didn't come in with the fanfare of, say, Buxton, but I think he's looked the most MLB ready of the youngsters.  That's not to take anything away from the others, but he just appears more prepared.

Sano didn't come in with the fanfare of, say, Buxton, but I think he's looked the most MLB ready of the youngsters.  That's not to take anything away from the others, but he just appears more prepared.

Rosario has been quietly great this year too.

• Upvote 1

The one thing that Sano had over Buxton, despite him having better overall tools (arm, defense, speed, etc.)  was his bat.  I have read that his bat was ready two years ago, but the elbow injury set him back.  The thing that impresses me more than his power has been his eye at the plate.  He does strike out a lot yes, but he rarely gets overmatched.  He has a certain swagger and confidence about him that his quite refreshing to say the least.

If he never plays defense and was the DH for 10-12 years for the Twins, I wouldn't care. 

Sano has that batting profile of many of the top notch rookies this year. Just like Pederson and Bryant, he has an amazing eye but strikes out a lot. At this point that is the future of baseball. Strikeout rates are at a historic height due in large part to the strike zone being called larger now than it has in the past. Also pitchers are just better now with seemingly every team having a reliever or two that can push 100 MPH and throw strikes. I think it is kind of boring baseball but it is what it is, I guess. Still the best sport there is, IMO.

1.5 games out

got one right I guess, albeit I didn't want hicks getting hurt.

4 game sweep of the O's in Baltimore. 1.5 games out of last wild card spot. Whodabelievedit.

I think they have a chance at this thing. They need to keep winning, stay close in the Wild Card race and you never know. 

I think they have a chance at this thing. They need to keep winning, stay close in the Wild Card race and you never know. 

Considering the AL is average this year they have as good of chance as any team. Texas is 5 games over .500 and currently the second wild card team. The Cubs are 20 games over .500 and the second wild card team in the NL. Twins need to take advantage of a down year in the AL.

• Upvote 1