SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

Bundy gives up six....team rallies to get back into the game....Bundy gives up three more....

If its 6-0 pitch until your arm falls off.  After the lineup got you back into the game you need to go back with a guy that gives you a chance to win.

Now its 9-4 and a hill to climb.  

So when Gray comes back you've got:

1. Gray  2.  Ryan  3. Paddack  4. Archer  5. Winder  6. Bundy  7. Ober

Gotta go with five:

1. Ryan  2. Gray  3. Winder  4. Paddack  5. Archer

Maybe Ober over Archer but if Winder faulters its good to Archer around.  

Bundy gets one more start, and if explodes again I'm guessing he is on his way.

18 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

So when Gray comes back you've got:

1. Gray  2.  Ryan  3. Paddack  4. Archer  5. Winder  6. Bundy  7. Ober

Gotta go with five:

1. Ryan  2. Gray  3. Winder  4. Paddack  5. Archer

Maybe Ober over Archer but if Winder faulters its good to Archer around.  

Bundy gets one more start, and if explodes again I'm guessing he is on his way.

As weird as it sounds, I don't think they are going to go away from this 6 man rotation tbh

4 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

As weird as it sounds, I don't think they are going to go away from this 6 man rotation tbh

I think you are right.  I'd like a five man to get Ryan and Gray on the mound more often, but you can never have too much starting pitching. 

15 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Twins picked the perfect team to not hit against.  :lol:

Hope Buxton isn't hurt....again.  

A nice start for Royce.  Good to see him hit a bit. 

The Athletics lineup is so brutal… 

Duran looked good today, need the bats to fire up again when they face better teams. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Looking ahead....Bundy is getting skipped this next week.  You've got the Stros and Indi....Guardians coming in next week.

Guessing Buxton sits today. 

At least the Twins finally have a more than servicable 4th outfielder in Celestino.

• Upvote 1

So now.....

-Paddack is out for the year.

-Archer can't get people out.

-Bundy exactly who we thought he was.

Leaves us:  Ryan, Winder, Sonny, and Ober as guys you can put on the mound.  

Cash dumped Donaldson to NY but wish NY would have kept Gio and Sanchez.  And now it's too late and those guys are in the untradeable ship and dead weight.  

• 2 weeks later...

Twins baseball not a hot topic anymore.  I was very wrong about Gary Sanchez, has been hitting well of late.  This stretch of games with the Tigers and Royals needs to be dominated.  Detroit's pitching is in shambles, and they'll be facing the Royals without Twin's killer Salvodor Perez.  Win these games you are supposed to win before the Yankees and Tampa come and beat us a few times.  

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Twins baseball not a hot topic anymore.  I was very wrong about Gary Sanchez, has been hitting well of late.  This stretch of games with the Tigers and Royals needs to be dominated.  Detroit's pitching is in shambles, and they'll be facing the Royals without Twin's killer Salvodor Perez.  Win these games you are supposed to win before the Yankees and Tampa come and beat us a few times.  

Great comeback yesterday 

Interesting comments made by both Buxton and Kepler recently about the locker room being more cohensive.

Make you think that a certain trade to the Yankees and a certain SS not being on the team anymore really cleared the decks. 

I won't get into any of the Lewis stuff, that was a manufactured contraversey. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Interesting comments made by both Buxton and Kepler recently about the locker room being more cohensive.

Make you think that a certain trade to the Yankees and a certain SS not being on the team anymore really cleared the decks. 

I won't get into any of the Lewis stuff, that was a manufactured contraversey. 

As a Yankee fan not at all happy about the needless drama Donaldson has now created for a team that was steamrolling.  Sanchez will be solid for the Twins and Gio will settle in.  He is a great teammate and I think probably helping the good clubhouse vibe there.  Interested to see how the series go when they match up in early June.

If the Twins could have hit at all during this series they could have saved Duran for today instead of giving the Tigers the last guy in the pen today in Megill.  

Instead in comes Megill and the rest is history.  Much different at bats at the end and they scrape across a sweep. 

Series win.....but have to sweep Detroit....have to.....

39 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

If the Twins could have hit at all during this series they could have saved Duran for today instead of giving the Tigers the last guy in the pen today in Megill.  

Instead in comes Megill and the rest is history.  Much different at bats at the end and they scrape across a sweep. 

Series win.....but have to sweep Detroit....have to.....

Basically every team is going to win 60 games, and every team is going to lose 60 games.  The Twins are 5-1 against Detroit thus far this season.  They have 13 more games against the Tigers.  They probably will lose at least 2-3 more times.  Take a deep breath...it's a long season.  ; )

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fighting Sioux 23 said:

Basically every team is going to win 60 games, and every team is going to lose 60 games.  The Twins are 5-1 against Detroit thus far this season.  They have 13 more games against the Tigers.  They probably will lose at least 2-3 more times.  Take a deep breath...it's a long season.  ; )

Yep. They are pro players also, albeit not real good players but pros nonetheless 

14 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Please just tell me that Smeltzer took himself out....please....:lol:

Not hitting much lately.  Miranda down, Royce up?  Or do they let Gordon go? 

They need to bite the bullet and just put Buxton on the IL.

Keep Miranda up for now, he is starting to figure it out.  Krilloff will be ready soon.  Make the swap then.