SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ NDSU Gameyear Thread

geaux_sioux

"It was their Superbowl"

"It's just a non conference game, conference games are way more important"

"I'd rather lose now than in the playoffs, so this loss is not that bad"

Some new ones for you maybe!! :)

I do not think those are new  ;)

Anyway, I am looking forward to the test our guys will face. 

I'm already seeing and hearing excuses and claims of how UND will play dirty. Also a handful of #hottakes on some plays from the Montana game from last year from a bunch of geniuses who didn't see a single second of the game. What a bunch of garbage. Glad Schmidt's defense already has the fans thinking about a physical game. Can't wait to see what he has drawn up to bring pressure out of the 3-4.

Schmidty will throw everything but the kitchen sink at them, and Bubba already has the players thinking they can beat NDSU. I haven't heard of such confidence from a UND team since Lennon was coaching, and that's so refreshing!

• Upvote 4

Schmidty will throw everything but the kitchen sink at them, and Bubba already has the players thinking they can beat NDSU. I haven't heard of such confidence from a UND team since Lennon was coaching, and that's so refreshing!

I Like this.....

That is a coach I am glad we have.

• Upvote 1

Nice to see Bubbles become a great cheerleader.

34-10 NDSU.

• Downvote 1

34-10 NDSU.

Your predicted score will be incorrect.

However, thanks for your interest in the football team of ND's flagship university.

Funny, though, that it takes all of the 2011 NDSU graduates to produce a siouxsports.com account and collaborate in order to come up with stuff. Talk about teamwork, I guess.

Your predicted score will be incorrect.

However, thanks for your interest in the football team of ND's flagship university.

Funny, though, that it takes all of the 2011 NDSU graduates to produce a siouxsports.com account and collaborate in order to come up with stuff. Talk about teamwork, I guess.

Maybe it will be. I don't really care. I know NDSU will win this game. NDSU is a far better team.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Maybe it will be. I don't really care. I know NDSU will win this game. NDSU is a far better team.

True, but we're coming! We're coming! ...and if NDSU ever agrees to play us away from home, all bets are off.

Isn't it Bubba's job to instill confidence in his team and that they can beat anyone? Be my guess

I would hope that he would tell his team that they can win. I'd want his butt fired if he said otherwise before any game.

• Upvote 2

I would hope that he would tell his team that they can win. I'd want his butt fired if he said otherwise before any game.

We had a coach that was happy to compete and go toe-to-toe. We canned him.

• Upvote 1

Good. Than you should have been happy that BF accepted the most embarrassing offer an FCS team has ever taken and get to play in the Fargodome.

Weird how NDSU fans and staff seem to be the ones embarssed about it.  But just another game on the schedule.  Have they said it enough times to convince themselves of it yet?

• Upvote 3

Good. Than you should have been happy that BF accepted the most embarrassing offer an FCS team has ever taken and get to play in the Fargodome.

I'd rather play you guys in the fargo dome twice in a row. It's an opportunity to really taint the immortal reputation of NDSU football.

Plus playing in Fargo means the team will be tight because of the pressure. Any positive play by UND and the NDSU faithful will start getting tense and the players will feel it.

I don't think anyone is arguing who the better team actually is, but the better team does not always win. Even Bison fans should know that.

Of course NDSU are the favorites, why wouldn't they be, after the past 4 seasons, but if this is such a throwaway game, then why waste your time discussing it. You're really gonne spend you time on here making jokes about a coach who has been here 1 year, and shown improvement? Makes no sense. wanna laugh at Muss? go for it, we'll join in.

The game is played on the field, because crazy things happen. I'm not saying UND will win, but they are rebuilding under a new coach. I am more concerned with seeing legitimate competition and development to know we are trending in the right direction.

UND wins - I'll be ecstatic

UND loses a close one - I'll be happy (though I don't care for more victories)

UND gets routed 50-0 - I'll be very dissappointed

On paper, I see this as a Bison victory by at least 14

On the field, I see this being a much closer game. Bubba is changing the mentality of this program, which was much needed after the last coach. Talent is certainly on the rise; but there are still some gaping holes. If UND is going to win, this will have to be a low scoring game. I don't see our offense having a great improvement over last season, but maybe we will be surprise; I know the defensive improvement surprised me last season. 

One thing we should all be able to agree on: I can't wait for football season, and can't wait for this game.

• Upvote 2

34-10 NDSU.

Don't be a moron. You don't think Bohl did the same kind of thing? It is part of why the Bison were so successful. Yes, they had talent; but more so, they had a mentality that they could beat anyone. It is why they were so successful against FBS competition on the road. Mentality is HUGE.

• Upvote 1

I'd rather play you guys in the fargo dome twice in a row. It's an opportunity to really taint the immortal reputation of NDSU football.

Plus playing in Fargo means the team will be tight because of the pressure. Any positive play by UND and the NDSU faithful will start getting tense and the players will feel it.

Good thing the Bison haven't played in any tight high pressure packed games lately. ?

Good thing the Bison haven't played in any tight high pressure packed games lately. ?

Their toughest opponent on sept 19 won't be UND, it will be their own fans. A little mistake here and there will snowball with pressure and unproven players will crack.

Their toughest opponent on sept 19 won't be UND, it will be their own fans. A little mistake here and there will snowball with pressure and unproven players will crack.

But the fan's don't really care about this game! Haven't you been reading the thread? Its not important! Ticket prices getting jacked up are coincidence and the shirts the school store is selling are actually misprints.

I think you mean they MAY crack. Unproven doesn't mean incompetent. Would be interesting to see how they handle it though.

SU is a double digit favorite no doubt - but check the history (which SU fans have selective memory about). There are quite a few years when the lower-ranked of the two teams was the victor. Let's play the game.