SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ NDSU Gameyear Thread

geaux_sioux

Lets all take a step back here, kids.  UND has long way to go before they are even playoff material.  Let's just enjoy the progression and hope with each year comes a couple more victories, playoff games, etc.

NDSU will be favored by 24-27, IMO.  

SU is a double digit favorite no doubt - but check the history (which SU fans have selective memory about). There are quite a few years when the lower-ranked of the two teams was the victor. Let's play the game.

Either one of those teams at the time they played won 4 titles in a row and and only 3 combined losses in those 4 seasons?

Lets all take a step back here, kids.  UND has long way to go before they are even playoff material.  Let's just enjoy the progression and hope with each year comes a couple more victories, playoff games, etc.

NDSU will be favored by 24-27, IMO.  

I think that spread is realistic and well said. Just because we are moving in the right direction does not mean we are there. 

Either one of those teams at the time they played won 4 titles in a row and and only 3 combined losses in those 4 seasons?

The defense is almost entirely gone. We don't know much about them. Fortunately, UND's offense is not very good if last year is any indication.

I think when UND was about to break the streak in 93 all we heard was how many NC you guys won in the 80's and in 1990. Are we playing that card again Rory? You don't have the same team as last year, UND doesn't have the same team as last year as players leave/graduate...anything can happen. Since you love living in the past remember when Indiana State came to the dome and beat the Bison during their championship run...yeah anything can happen.

I think when UND was about to break the streak in 93 all we heard was how many NC you guys won in the 80's and in 1990. Are we playing that card again Rory? You don't have the same team as last year, UND doesn't have the same team as last year as players leave/graduate...anything can happen. Since you love living in the past remember when Indiana State came to the dome and beat the Bison during their championship run...yeah anything can happen.

Correct me if I am wrong, but UND has yet to beat a single ranked FCS team on the road. Given their lack of talent, I doubt they are going to come into the FargoDome and beat a Bison team who will be ranked very high and have essentially their entire offense returning. Your 90's card is irrelevant. When UND beat NDSU in 1993, they were 3 years removed from a National Championship and starting to come down to earth while UND had been extremely competitive the year before and on paper, were equal going into that game. This year, NDSU will be the #1 team heading into week 1 and is largely expected to be one of the premiere teams in the FCS. UND is expected to be a bottom feeder once again. No comparison.

That Indiana State team spent the majority of the season ranked and proved it by finishing 7-4 in the toughest conference in the FCS, barely missing out on the playoffs. They also had maybe the best running back in the country that year, Shakir Bell, who was coming off a season where he finished second in the Walter Payton award. It would be safe to say that the 2012 Indiana State team was significantly better than any team UND will be putting on the field this upcoming season.

Okay you've made your point - SU had a great run, one of the greatest in FCS history why do you have to diminish it by constantly demonstrating that no matter how great a run SU has, you and many others will be eternally inferior to the extend you have to prowl a UND fan site and set the record straight on every post.

This is a UND fan site - we are going to be optimistic about our team (most of us) - why can't you understand that?  

• Upvote 1

Correct me if I am wrong, but UND has yet to beat a single ranked FCS team on the road. Given their lack of talent, I doubt they are going to come into the FargoDome and beat a Bison team who will be ranked very high and have essentially their entire offense returning. Your 90's card is irrelevant. When UND beat NDSU in 1993, they were 3 years removed from a National Championship and starting to come down to earth while UND had been extremely competitive the year before and on paper, were equal going into that game. This year, NDSU will be the #1 team heading into week 1 and is largely expected to be one of the premiere teams in the FCS. UND is expected to be a bottom feeder once again. No comparison.

That Indiana State team spent the majority of the season ranked and proved it by finishing 7-4 in the toughest conference in the FCS, barely missing out on the playoffs. They also had maybe the best running back in the country that year, Shakir Bell, who was coming off a season where he finished second in the Walter Payton award. It would be safe to say that the 2012 Indiana State team was significantly better than any team UND will be putting on the field this upcoming season.

I believe SUU was ranked 17 when we beat them in 2011, one the road.

Correct me if I am wrong, but UND has yet to beat a single ranked FCS team on the road. Given their lack of talent, I doubt they are going to come into the FargoDome and beat a Bison team who will be ranked very high and have essentially their entire offense returning. Your 90's card is irrelevant. When UND beat NDSU in 1993, they were 3 years removed from a National Championship and starting to come down to earth while UND had been extremely competitive the year before and on paper, were equal going into that game. This year, NDSU will be the #1 team heading into week 1 and is largely expected to be one of the premiere teams in the FCS. UND is expected to be a bottom feeder once again. No comparison.

That Indiana State team spent the majority of the season ranked and proved it by finishing 7-4 in the toughest conference in the FCS, barely missing out on the playoffs. They also had maybe the best running back in the country that year, Shakir Bell, who was coming off a season where he finished second in the Walter Payton award. It would be safe to say that the 2012 Indiana State team was significantly better than any team UND will be putting on the field this upcoming season.

Besides SUU, UND beat #3 UNI when we were in DII. NDSU is not an NFL team we aren't a pee wee team both are DI fully scholarship teams. After the game on Sept 19, we can talk about how good your team is and how bad our team is. Of course if UND beats SU then we probably won't see you again until the next time the two teams match up.