SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ NDSU Gameyear Thread

geaux_sioux

I believe SUU was ranked 17 when we beat them in 2011, one the road.

Wow, you beat what was ultimately a 6-5  team on the road four years ago. Quite an accomplishment. 

Do you consider that your best FCS win, or would it be the time you beat a 5-6 Montana team?

• Downvote 1

Wow, you beat what was ultimately a 6-5  team on the road four years ago. Quite an accomplishment. 

Do you consider that your best FCS win, or would it be the time you beat a 5-6 Montana team?

The question was if we had ever beaten a ranked team on the road. That question was answered. You can't have it both ways.

The question was if we had ever beaten a ranked team on the road. That question was answered. You can't have it both ways.

Agreed.

That said, the FCS should rank about 10-15 teams. Anyone outside of that is trash anyway

Agreed.

That said, the FCS should rank about 10-15 teams. Anyone outside of that is trash anyway

There is definitely some truth in that. The top 15 seems to be solid while the remaining 10 are there for presentation.

Well, I guess they count as a ranked team. But, I'd probably have just not responded if all I had was that we had beaten a team that was ranked in the top twenty-five for all of two weeks during the middle of the season.

Does #5 UNI count? At UNI? Where you guys took damn near a decade to get your first win? Took us one try.

You mean the uni team that didn't make the playoffs - that one?  UNI is a scary team as sometimes they play like pro's and the next time they couldn't beat a high school team. 

You mean the uni team that didn't make the playoffs - that one?  UNI is a scary team as sometimes they play like pro's and the next time they couldn't beat a high school team. 

You guys sure are good at moving goal posts...   

• Upvote 1

You mean the uni team that didn't make the playoffs - that one? UNI is a scary team as sometimes they play like pro's and the next time they couldn't beat a high school team.

The team went 7-4 (5-2 in conference play) and finished ranked #17....that UNI team.

Won't hurt me one bit. Only watched a few of the games last year. If they go FBS I'll watch more often.

They should do it soon. Ride the wave. There's too much hesitation with those who like to be a big fish in a small pond.

Big 12 won't happen though. Except for their wrestling team.

They should do it soon. Ride the wave. There's too much hesitation with those who like to be a big fish in a small pond.

Big 12 won't happen though. Except for their wrestling team.

Sun Belch or bust...go for it Bison!!

Yeah playing with the other recent FCS powerhouse and a team who won 6 FCS titles sounds awful doesn't it?

Heck, I think Georgia Southern has as many or more titles by itself at 1-AA as the entire Big Sky.

If the G5 conferences had a playoff I would want UND to move up other than that to play in a worthless bowl doesn't sound appealing.

Might want to work on making the FCS playoffs first.

If the G5 conferences had a playoff I would want UND to move up other than that to play in a worthless bowl doesn't sound appealing.

It's still a move up. As good at FCS as FU has been these past four years, they only have six players in the NFL. As bad as Wyoming has been, they have eight. Wyoming can only get better at FBS. FU can only get worse at FCS.

Why do they get better players at Wyoming? Because the interest level at schools that might have a chance at the New Mexico Bowl is higher than those that end up playing in a soccer stadium in Frisco, TX.

• Upvote 1

If NDSU went to the Sunbelt, they would win it, and pretty soon the Sunbelt would start looking pretty good to gFU. Does that scenario sound familiar.