SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ NDSU Gameyear Thread

geaux_sioux

If NDSU went to the Sunbelt, they would win it, and pretty soon the Sunbelt would start looking pretty good to gFU. Does that scenario sound familiar.

Based on your FCS schedule? I love the confidence, but don't get too excited since the winner gets the New Orleans Bowl, GoDaddy Bowl, Camellia Bowl and the Cure Bowl.  Oh yeah don't forget a travel schedule thats worse than your MVFC schedule.   Add Idaho and NMSU to this map.

700px-Sun_Belt_Conference_all_sports_mem

If NDSU went to the Sunbelt, they would win it, and pretty soon the Sunbelt would start looking pretty good to gFU. Does that scenario sound familiar.

UND announced it was moving to D-1 in July, 2006 so whatever you are trying to imply makes no sense.

Based on your FCS schedule? I love the confidence, but don't get too excited since the winner gets the New Orleans Bowl, GoDaddy Bowl, Camellia Bowl and the Cure Bowl. Oh yeah don't forget a travel schedule thats worse than your MVFC schedule. Add Idaho and NMSU to this map.

I'd be excited to see a bowl game and watch football at the highest scholarship level.

Does #5 UNI count? At UNI? Where you guys took damn near a decade to get your first win? Took us one try.

Yes it would. Dam near a decade? We got into the Valley in 2008 but didn't play them until 2009 where we proceeded to get beat three straight time before the 2011 win.

So UND's biggest win ever was beating a then ranked #5 UNI team who went on to finish the season at 7-4? Lol you win dude you really have something on us.

Based on your FCS schedule? I love the confidence, but don't get too excited since the winner gets the New Orleans Bowl, GoDaddy Bowl, Camellia Bowl and the Cure Bowl.  Oh yeah don't forget a travel schedule thats worse than your MVFC schedule.   Add Idaho and NMSU to this map.

This will never happen - SU fans want to be in a conference where you can bus to every game. that's why they are glad they were turned down twice for the Big Sky, they can't afford to be in a conference where their teams would have to fly. 

Yes it would. Dam near a decade? We got into the Valley in 2008 but didn't play them until 2009 where we proceeded to get beat three straight time before the 2011 win.

So UND's biggest win ever was beating a then ranked #5 UNI team who went on to finish the season at 7-4? Lol you win dude you really have something on us.

Sucks when people exaggerate huh?

And yea, we ruined their season. It's a nice feather in the cap of a really good UND team.

And yea, we ruined their season. It's a nice feather in the cap of a really good UND team.

That was a good win. I wasn't trying to be an asshole. I was asking the question because I seriously didn't know if UND had beat a ranked FCS team on the road before.

So in total, 3 wins against ranked FCS teams since 2006?

That was a good win. I wasn't trying to be an asshole. I was asking the question because I seriously didn't know if UND had beat a ranked FCS team on the road before.

At least 5. UNI Poly SUU USD NAU. Impressive, isn't it.

Edit. It is 5.... Woo

UND football from 2008 - 2013 was misled and lost. UND football's leadership was competent prior to 2008 with Lennon and is again competent now with Bubba. UND will be beating ranked FCS teams on a consistent basis now with Bubba. For example, last year's patchwork team beat a ranked NAU team and easily could've beat #7 Montana. As Bubba compiles top ND, MN, and MB recruits, wins against FCS ranked teams are inevitable.

UND football from 2008 - 2013 was misled and lost. UND football's leadership was competent prior to 2008 with Lennon and is again competent now with Bubba. UND will be beating ranked FCS teams on a consistent basis now with Bubba. For example, last year's patchwork team beat a ranked NAU team and easily could've beat #7 Montana. As Bubba compiles top ND, MN, and MB recruits, wins against FCS ranked teams are inevitable.

You want to know who also beat NAU?

South Dakota. The mighty coyotes.

Like I said, the rankings are honestly garbage. FBS rankings are infinitely better and even they aren't that good.

Be optimistic about UND football, that's good and fun. Don't use a win over "ranked NAU" as your justification.

You want to know who also beat NAU?

South Dakota. The mighty coyotes.

Like I said, the rankings are honestly garbage. FBS rankings are infinitely better and even they aren't that good.

Be optimistic about UND football, that's good and fun. Don't use a win over "ranked NAU" as your justification.

When you think about the state of our team at the time of that game it's damn impressive regardless of your opinion of ranking systems.
  • Upvote 1

When you think about the state of our team at the time of that game it's damn impressive regardless of your opinion of ranking systems.

Any team who loses to South Dakota circa 2014 2-10 (0-8 in conference) is not a good football team. Nothing to hang a hat on.

Any team who loses to South Dakota circa 2014 2-10 (0-8 in conference) is not a good football team. Nothing to hang a hat on.

We had every excuse to be 2-10 last season. Instead we beat a ranked team and were a tough team to play with the exception of San Jose St, Missouri St, and EWU.

NAU could have beaten NDSU...

Div I - FCS Northern Arizona beat E Washington 28 - 27   Div I - FCS E Washington beat Sam Houston St 56 - 35   Div I - FCS Sam Houston St beat Jacksonville St 37 - 26   Div I - FCS Jacksonville St beat Chattanooga 26 - 23   Div I - FCS Chattanooga beat Indiana St 35 - 14   Div I - FCS Indiana St beat Northern Iowa 20 - 19   Div I - FCS Northern Iowa beat N Dakota St 23 - 3

Therefore, Northern Arizona is better than N Dakota St in 2014

as shown in 7 rounds by a combined score of 225 - 147. 

NAU could have beaten NDSU...

Div I - FCS Northern Arizona beat E Washington 28 - 27 Div I - FCS E Washington beat Sam Houston St 56 - 35 Div I - FCS Sam Houston St beat Jacksonville St 37 - 26 Div I - FCS Jacksonville St beat Chattanooga 26 - 23 Div I - FCS Chattanooga beat Indiana St 35 - 14 Div I - FCS Indiana St beat Northern Iowa 20 - 19 Div I - FCS Northern Iowa beat N Dakota St 23 - 3

Therefore, Northern Arizona is better than N Dakota St in 2014

as shown in 7 rounds by a combined score of 225 - 147.

NAU loses to USD. All other discussion is null and void.

NAU loses to USD. All other discussion is null and void.

According to a student who is no longer interested in his schools team because it's below him? All of your posts are null and void unless they're about your actual team Notre Dame.

Funny how the SU trolls have time to go back and research the records of teams that UND beat - the same could be said for many of the teams SU beat but it's really not important since this is a UND sports site. 

According to a student who is no longer interested in his schools team because it's below him? All of your posts are null and void unless they're about your actual team Notre Dame.

Former student. I keep up on local stuff. My rooting interests have zero correlation with the fact that USD is awful... And beat NAU.

Regardless, that was a Darell reply... You can do better than that.

Funny how the SU trolls have time to go back and research the records of teams that UND beat - the same could be said for many of the teams SU beat but it's really not important since this is a UND sports site.

Things must be boring on Bisonswille so they come here and post their crap.

the same could be said for many of the teams SU beat but it's really not important since this is a UND sports site. 

But NDSU fans don't list beating a mediocre FCS team among their team's best DI accomplishments, even if that team happened to be ranked at the time. 

It may hurt to admit it, but UND has zero noteworthy DI football accomplishments.

• Downvote 1

But NDSU fans don't list beating a mediocre FCS team among their team's best DI accomplishments, even if that team happened to be ranked at the time.

It may hurt to admit it, but UND has zero noteworthy DI football accomplishments.

Which is why they fired their coach. It's like the FU teams from when the Fargodome opened until 2010.