SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ NDSU Gameyear Thread

geaux_sioux

It doesn't really matter except when some push the notion that 'we don't care about you and have moved on'. It's a passive aggressive way to say you are superior to UND.  

If you and your friends go away and never post here again we will know you have moved on.  Until that happens you are showing your hypocrisy.  

No one is being passive aggressive. NDSU is superior to UND in football and has been for 50+ years. We know it and you know it. Stop pretending that it ain't so.

No one is being passive aggressive. NDSU is superior to UND in football and has been for 50+ years. We know it and you know it. Stop pretending that it ain't so.

Hmmmm

Trophy holder: UND won 28-21 on Oct. 18, 2003, in Grand Forks 

Current streak: UND has won the last 3 nickel trophy competitions 

Nickel-winning record: UND leads 35-30 

All-time UND vs NDSU record: UND leads 62-45-3 

UND has won 9 of the last 11 head to head.

But then again you don't care because there is no rivalry.

• Upvote 2

Somebody doesn't know the history very well.

Hmmmm

Trophy holder: UND won 28-21 on Oct. 18, 2003, in Grand Forks 

Current streak: UND has won the last 3 nickel trophy competitions 

Nickel-winning record: UND leads 35-30 

All-time UND vs NDSU record: UND leads 62-45-3 

UND has won 9 of the last 11 head to head.

But then again you don't care because there is no rivalry.

Although head to head wins are great, I think most UND football fans would trade wins over NDSU to wins in National Championship games.  NDSU could really care less about losses to UND in the past.  In the past 50 years, NDSU has 12 National Championships, we have 1.  NDSU has 27 conference Championships, we have 15.  I think that would qualify as being a superior program the last 50 years.  I really hate to defend Bison fans, but face it, they got us in football.

Although head to head wins are great, I think most UND football fans would trade wins over NDSU to wins in National Championship games.  NDSU could really care less about losses to UND in the past.  In the past 50 years, NDSU has 11 National Championships, we have 1.  NDSU has 27 conference Championships, we have 15.  I think that would qualify as being a superior program the last 50 years.  I really hate to defend Bison fans, but face it, they got us in football.

NDSU currently has the better program but while I was at UND we were better.  The statement just wasn't accurate unless you only judge by national titles which I don't feel is the only indicator. 

I am on forums. I don't represent a person with average interest in collegiate sports.

Funny you mention the basketball games. The first couple had some atmosphere. The last 3 have not. At all.

Ask the average college kid about the other school and you'll get a lot of comments like "ohhh.. That's right. We aren't supposed to like them."

The last two basketball games have been ass kickings that were over in the first 10 minutes.  They were pretty one sided.  I would argue with you that the FU crowd was not in the game vs. UND this year at Scheels arena. 

this^^^ and the game the year before at The Betty, the UND crrowd was fairly into it as well.

Wish NDSU fans would just say "yep there is a rivalry, evidence shows it."

this^^^ and the game the year before at The Betty, the UND crrowd was fairly into it as well.

Wish NDSU fans would just say "yep there is a rivalry, evidence shows it."

Older folks yes. Students, Meh.

Well, I guess that just indicates the current state of the two fan bases. Obviously, NDSU fans have a whole lot more to talk about.

I wouldn't go that far...I would simply state they are much more full of $hit and are so full of themselves that they can't help but to go on other teams boards and act like fools

• Upvote 2

Older folks yes. Students, Meh.

So do you expect there to be some unclaimed student tickets leading up to the game since there were some leftover for conference rival SDSU last year? Hopefully I can get my hands on one of those rather than paying scalper prices.

So do you expect there to be some unclaimed student tickets leading up to the game since there were some leftover for conference rival SDSU last year? Hopefully I can get my hands on one of those rather than paying scalper prices.

Of course there won't be; the place will be packed to the rafters. NDSU fans are as excited as anyone for this game, but they just tell themselves not to show it in a pathetic attempt to somehow upset UND fans.

Of course there won't be; the place will be packed to the rafters. NDSU fans are as excited as anyone for this game, but they just tell themselves not to show it in a pathetic attempt to somehow upset UND fans.

It's something novel for the student for the first time in a long time. They're too used to the MVFC teams and the winning in the playoffs.

It's something novel for the student for the first time in a long time. They're too used to the MVFC teams and the winning in the playoffs.

It will be something new for NDSU students.  They aren't used to watching their team get a beatdown in their home stadium like they will on Sept 19th!! :)

• Upvote 1

So do you expect there to be some unclaimed student tickets leading up to the game since there were some leftover for conference rival SDSU last year? Hopefully I can get my hands on one of those rather than paying scalper prices.

Early in the year is always tough. They could play Jamestown College and fill the place. Plus it is against a team the students are supposed to hate. Also, I don't expect the team to be as good this season. Closer games should equate to higher student attendance I think.

You'll be paying scalper prices if you want in.

Funny how NDSU fans now think their tickets for the UND game are going to be worth SOOO much after seeing the West Regional tickets go for $400+. Bad comparison.

.... Bro the value of the tickets was speculated to be inflated well before the hockey tickets.

Funny how NDSU fans now think their tickets for the UND game are going to be worth SOOO much after seeing the West Regional tickets go for $400+.  Bad comparison.  

This will be a hot ticket.  They would have no reason to believe otherwise.

Ticket prices will be well over face value in a 19,000 seat stadium.

I would hope they go for more than $60.  The problem is there are 18,500 tickets for sale and that pretty much maxes out their fan base.  They would be counting on UND fans to drive up the price.  At this point I don't see that many fans passionate enough to want to spend $250 to go.  Will there be some, yes.  But nothing near what people are thinking.

I would hope they go for more than $60.  The problem is there are 18,500 tickets for sale and that pretty much maxes out their fan base.  They would be counting on UND fans to drive up the price.  At this point I don't see that many fans passionate enough to want to spend $250 to go.  Will there be some, yes.  But nothing near what people are thinking.

What do you mean by 18,500 maxes out the NDSU fanbase?