SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ NDSU Gameyear Thread

geaux_sioux

Pretty simple when my nephew is the QB for the Bison. I could give 2 shyts about basketball.

You just validated my point. You said you support any ND school and my question was do you really, or are you a UND Hockey - NDSU football fan? You stating you could care less about basketball and would rather cheer for NDSU football than UND football kind of indirectly answers the question.

I'm not saying it is wrong, I'm just saying I wouldn't consider you a fan of "all ND schools," just a fan of UND Hockey and NDSU Football. If you would've said I cheer for NDSU in everything, but I like UND hockey I'd consider you more of a fan of both schools but let's call it what it is when you really only cheer for UND Hockey and NDSU Football.  

Maybe he's porud of his nephew but we only need to be told once

I agree Und hockey only fans aren't true Und fans in my book. They probably don't even donate

Just wear jerseys cuZ it's cool.

I wouldn't say these people don't donate, because you have to to own hockey tickets but I sort of agree with you that they aren't true UND fans.......kind of like I said before, they are front running bandwagon fans. 

Those same fans help $$$ come into UNDs athletic department though so they are needed. 

You just validated my point. You said you support any ND school and my question was do you really, or are you a UND Hockey - NDSU football fan? You stating you could care less about basketball and would rather cheer for NDSU football than UND football kind of indirectly answers the question.

I'm not saying it is wrong, I'm just saying I wouldn't consider you a fan of "all ND schools," just a fan of UND Hockey and NDSU Football. If you would've said I cheer for NDSU in everything, but I like UND hockey I'd consider you more of a fan of both schools but let's call it what it is when you really only cheer for UND Hockey and NDSU Football.  

Alrighty then. Thanks for your concern.

I wouldn't say these people don't donate, because you have to to own hockey tickets but I sort of agree with you that they aren't true UND fans.......kind of like I said before, they are front running bandwagon fans. 

Those same fans help $$$ come into UNDs athletic department though so they are needed. 

UND hockey season ticket holder for 12 years.

Funny -

To share 2 recent encounters with UND Hockey only fans. 1 at the regionals in Fargo and 1 at a Sioux Luncheon. In the conversation I stated that I support the hockey team but UND football is my main focus and passion. Both of them, who happen to be female, got a look on their face as if I just cupped a fart in it. It was inconceivable to them. I don't know what to classify these folks as.........

They are called puck bunnies.

Funny -

To share 2 recent encounters with UND Hockey only fans.  1 at the regionals in Fargo and 1 at a Sioux Luncheon.  In the conversation I stated that I support the hockey team but UND football is my main focus and passion.  Both of them, who happen to be female, got a look on their face as if I just cupped a fart in it.  It was inconceivable to them.  I don't know what to classify these folks as.........

Front-Runners . . .  I'm sure they are probably Kentucky, err Wisconsin basketball fans too.   I have a brother in law that I saw over easter that is a Cleveland, Miami, Cleveland, San Antonio fan in the NBA, a Seattle, New England fan in FB, and was a huge Kentucky basketball fan (go figure) prior to Saturday night.

First an unscheduled press conference to announce the games and now this:

9/12 - Weber State - $35 / $25

9/19 - North Dakota - $60 / $50

10/10 - Northern Iowa (Homecoming) - $40 / $30

10/17 - South Dakota - $35 / $25

11/7 - Western Illinois - $35 / $25

11/21 - Missouri State - $35 / $25

But remember folks, its no big deal to them, they were just filling an open date.  And before the FU mensa club comes by and states they are just looking to gouge UND fans, NDSU is looking at giving Teammakers who don't have season tickets first crack at a good sized portion of single game tickets, it will be their own fans paying the "inflated" price for an unimportant out of conference game.

• Upvote 4

First an unscheduled press conference to announce the games and now this:

9/12 - Weber State - $35 / $25

9/19 - North Dakota - $60 / $50

10/10 - Northern Iowa (Homecoming) - $40 / $30

10/17 - South Dakota - $35 / $25

11/7 - Western Illinois - $35 / $25

11/21 - Missouri State - $35 / $25

But remember folks, its no big deal to them, they were just filling an open date.  And before the FU mensa club comes by by and states they are just looking to gouge UND fans, NDSU is looking at giving Teammakers who don't have season tickets first crack at a large portion of single game tickets, it will be their own fans paying the "inflated" price for an unimportant out of conference game.

How many times did NDSU fans come on this site and assure everyone that NDSU would never charge premium prices for any football game, especially against UND?  And it's a 50% premium over their top conference rival/Homecoming game.  Or is SDSU their top rival, I get confused.

• Upvote 4

They'll be enjoying an extra million dollars in ticket sales while eating that crow by the time this two game series is done. Plus, they're paying way too little for the games themselves. UND really George Costanza'd this deal.

An extra million? Your math is a little off.  This will likely only affect single game tickets, which last I heard is somewhere around 4,000.  Though it would be a cherry on top if the raised their season tickets in 2015 and 2019 and further stuck it to their own fan base, a group who we keep being told by and large don't want the game (though I don't believe it for one second). 

I'll give you that UND took a lower guarantee than they should have with the stipulation that the net money they receive won't be far off from what they could get elsewhere due to limited travel costs required for the game, meaning FU ended up with the savings.  Bubba insisted on the game(s) and he got them.  Going to be a good test to see where his defense stacks up and how far the offense has come.  Being the third game of the season, most of the small kinks will hopefully be ironed out.

• Upvote 1

The NDSU administration without coming out and saying it just revealed who they consider their number one rival is. They sure have blown a lot of hot air over they years. Remember all the times they said they couldn't schedule UND because they couldn't afford to give up a home game every other year. Then they proceeded to pay other D2 and low D1 schools maybe 200,000 or so to fill that game at home. The absolute hypocrisy was when NDSU scheduled 3 home and away games with Big Sky teams. All along they were told they wouldn't have to lose any money to get their #1 rival back on the schedule. They didn't believe that it could be done(or they said). To pay for the game every other year in Grand Forks it would involve no travel expenses, no absorbent fees to bring a team to Fargo, and they could probably double the prices of the tickets when UND comes to town. The marketability of the NDSU/UND for radio and television plus the fan interest has a price tag that you can't even put a price on. The game should never been stopped. That was a mistake. That mistake was made years and years ago. NDSU in their supreme arrogance has a lot of egg on their face right now by revealing the price for the NDSU/ UND game. It absolutely shows the mistakes NDSU has made for many years. And yet NDSU is unwilling to come to Grand Forks to play the game. I think it is an absolute fear that what if they lost the game. All I can say is when the bottom line is revealed it is a very sad commentary to the pompous administration in Fargo. It far and away trumps the mistake made by UND a long long time ago by about "tenfold". It really is sad what the state of North Dakota was deprived of for a lot more years than was necessary. What if be gave them a game next year. Stuff can happen in football. Unlikely but you never know. They will never come to Grand Forks either way.Too much risk for them. They will just continue to go on the road to play who knows who.

• Upvote 1

The NDSU administration without coming out and saying it just revealed who they consider their number one rival is. They sure have blown a lot of hot air over they years. Remember all the times they said they couldn't schedule UND because they couldn't afford to give up a home game every other year. Then they proceeded to pay other D2 and low D1 schools maybe 200,000 or so to fill that game at home. The absolute hypocrisy was when NDSU scheduled 3 home and away games with Big Sky teams. All along they were told they wouldn't have to lose any money to get their #1 rival back on the schedule. They didn't believe that it could be done(or they said). To pay for the game every other year in Grand Forks it would involve no travel expenses, no absorbent fees to bring a team to Fargo, and they could probably double the prices of the tickets when UND comes to town. The marketability of the NDSU/UND for radio and television plus the fan interest has a price tag that you can't even put a price on. The game should never been stopped. That was a mistake. That mistake was made years and years ago. NDSU in their supreme arrogance has a lot of egg on their face right now by revealing the price for the NDSU/ UND game. It absolutely shows the mistakes NDSU has made for many years. And yet NDSU is unwilling to come to Grand Forks to play the game. I think it is an absolute fear that what if they lost the game. All I can say is when the bottom line is revealed it is a very sad commentary to the pompous administration in Fargo. It far and away trumps the mistake made by UND a long long time ago by about "tenfold". It really is sad what the state of North Dakota was deprived of for a lot more years than was necessary. What if be gave them a game next year. Stuff can happen in football. Unlikely but you never know. They will never come to Grand Forks either way.Too much risk for them. They will just continue to go on the road to play who knows who.

NDSU FB is doing just fine without playing UND - how's it going for UND since you moved up?  It's worked out quite well for NDSU much to the disappointment of the UND athletic department with their idea that we'll not play NDSU in any sport and that will hurt them in their transition.  Make no mistake that was their goal.  It was your choice to quit playing so live with it. Look at all your sports this year in the BSC.  How'd they do?  How's it working for you? 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 9

NDSU FB is doing just fine without playing UND - how's it going for UND since you moved up? It's worked out quite well for NDSU much to the disappointment of the UND athletic department with their idea that we'll not play NDSU in any sport and that will hurt them in their transition. Make no mistake that was their goal. It was your choice to quit playing so live with it. Look at all your sports this year in the BSC. How'd they do? How's it working for you?

We're all aware that we've sucked big time since moving up. And yet we're worth the most of any team on your schedule. Imagine if we were actually good. We're talking Super Bowl prices.